cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with the problem of the "Device  secured" on the DSC MC56F84789

xiaodouwang
Contributor I

Dear all,

When I download the program to the MC56F84789,it shows the Alert that device is secured and erase to unsecure.I follow the step but the code can not run after dowmloading. The program always run to the EntryPoint(Interrupt no 0) even I reload or reset. How to deal with this pwoblem?Thanks!

158615_158615.pngpastedImage_0.png

158616_158616.pngpastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yongsheng

Does your application secure the flash?  When the flash is secured, it can only be programmed after mass erase.  That is why you see the Alert Windows when start the programming. 

After user clicks on the  'Yes' button, the debugger will mass erases the flash and programs the new firmware into the flash. 

If the new firmware also secures the flash, after the board reset, the flash will be secured and the debugger cannot access flash via JTAG. So user cannot see the program code in debugger.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xiaodouwang
Contributor I

Hello Fiona,

I made three control board with DSC 84789, only one of them have this problem with same application.

The alert window always show up when I download the code every time. Although the code can be downloaded, It can't run normally. It always stop at Interrupt number 0. Do you have any solutions? Thanks!

2016-08-18

发件人:TICS_Fiona <admin@community.freescale.com>

发送时间:2016-08-18 13:30

主题:Re: - How to deal with the problem of the "Device secured" on the DSC MC56F84789

收件人:"Yongsheng Wang"<775117981@qq.com>

抄送:

NXP Community

How to deal with the problem of the "Device secured" on the DSC MC56F84789

reply from Xin Kuang in Digital Signal Controllers - View the full discussion

Hello Yongsheng

Does your application secure the flash? When the flash is secured, it can only be programmed after mass erase. That is why you see the Alert Windows when start the programming.

After user clicks on the 'Yes' button, the debugger will mass erases the flash and programs the new firmware into the flash.

If the new firmware also secures the flash, after the board reset, the flash will be secured and the debugger cannot access flash via JTAG. So user cannot see the program code in debugger.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

0 Kudos