Hi, I am looking for hardware programmer board for stand-alone DSC (MC56F84789, 100pin LQFP), but I cannot find. What hardware programmer board could you recommend me to program one stand-alone DSC ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am looking for hardware programmer board for stand-alone DSC (MC56F84789, 100pin LQFP), but I cannot find. What hardware programmer board could you recommend me to program one stand-alone DSC ?

penchovalchev
Contributor I

I looked at the section "Hardware Debuggers and Programming Interfatses" but I cannot found programming interface for standalone DSC (MC56F84789, 100pin LQFP).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

sorry for the delay. The MC56F84789 has JTAG port, user can use JTAG port to download code, debug and test, the JTAG port includes TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO, Reset signals.

Regarding the pin assignment, pls refer to the section 3.10.1.1 GPIO Port D[4:0] configuration in the RM of MC56F847xx
By default, pins 0-4 of GPIO port D are configured differently from other GPIO port
pins. These five pins have specific purposes:
• The GPIOD4 pin acts as the RESETB input by default.
• The GPIOD3 pin acts as the TMS input by default.
• The GPIOD2 pin acts as the TCK input by default.
• The GPIOD1 pin acts as the TDO output by default.
• The GPIOD0 pin acts as the TDI input by default.
The following table shows these pins' default configuration at reset. The shaded rows
show the values that differ from the reset value of other GPIO port pins.

You have to integrate a male 14 pins connector on your PCB and order a USBTAP device or Multilink Universal device so that you can communicate with PC via JTAG port. For the JTAG signal assignment on 14 pin connector, pls refer to TWR-8400 board schematics from the following website:.

http://tinyurl.com/jsuf6cd
But the MC56F847xxRM.pdf does not include the JTAG port chapter.
The tools for DSC is CodeWarrior for microcontroller ver10.7, you can download evaluation version.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos