Anyone have a working code for MC56f83763?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a working code for MC56f83763?

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

I have used a sample code to make a new project for MC56f83763.

But cannot seem the GPIO to be toggled. I suspect i have some GCT settings not correctly enabled. I have an external 16Mhz XTAL crystal as clock reference.

I have attached appconfig.h to see if I left something out, otherwise a working project can also be helpful as a reference guide?

Also a guide on how to place code in RAM will also be helpful which fits the memory map of this chip

@xiangjun_rong 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

Hey,

Thanks. I have taken a sample project for MC56f83763 and am able to toggle GPIOs.

But when I try to add things like example Freemaster, and I try to make any changes in GCT (QuickStart), the appconfig.h  gives issues.

The older DSC's which works fine is greyed out (shown in image below), but the newer DSC is instead white. And I think its because of this white areas it is giving issues. (because of #ifndef  __APPCONFIG_H)

The definitions in appconfig.h can not be seen by other freemaster files.

For example my freemaster files can not see the FMSTR_COMM_INTERFACE definitions even though it is defined in appconfig.h

becuase of this I also see issues in others files like attached in image. 

I have attached the sample project. When saving GCT changes I get the following warning as shown in image below

Why is this the case?

@xiangjun_rong 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I just tried to add the Freemaster  in gct tools, as you can see, it is okay.

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1604310221126.png

0 Kudos

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

Yes, adding freemaster files is not an issue. But can your freemaster files can actually see the defines from appconfig.h? try to make some changes in GCT, and see this?

i cannot find the define of FMSTR_COMM_INTERFACE as shown below. it is still highlighted grey.

fasihahmed_0-1604311255909.png

fasihahmed_1-1604311288022.png

0 Kudos

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

what file do we have to flash via JTAG? and do i change the DSC type to MC56f83763?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Fasih,

I suggest you create a new project based on quickStart tools and MC56F83763 under CW for mcu tools, then use the gct tools to configure the gpio or pit modules, then download project to flash via JTAG.

For detailed inf, pls refer to the ticket:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Digital-Signal-Controllers/Programming-question-on-FRDM-56F83000/m-p/10...

and the example I gave you

Because I only have MC56F83000-EVK, so all the example is based on the MC56F83789.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I attached an example which is developed under GCT tools, pls refer to it.

Currently, we have not the example code run in RAM.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos