MCF5225x Debug Interface problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5225x Debug Interface problem

wl5684
Contributor II

I have a trouble with the MCF5225x-TWR debug interface. My debug tool is multilink universal. The usbdm mode runs fine on the demo board. But when I try to debug the board with multilink universal throgth the 26-pin interface. The retry interface appears ,and I can‘t connect to my target at all. But out project board is the 26-pin interface, which means I can't debug our board at all. Can anyone help me with the problem? I'm looking forward for your reply.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
9 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Got it. So first please check the jumper settings for the TWR-MCF5225X especially the J14, J15, J16, all them should be on 1-2.

Please pay attention to SH1 resistor which is not installed at default, however it is used to connect MCU_RSTOUT pin to pin 1 of BDM header, so please make sure to install this resistor. This signal is to used checking if the MCU has come out of reset.

And from software side, please download updated Multilink driver from P&E micro at:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346 

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

I found the Pin 1 of the 26-pin PE debugger connector is NC(however the TWR-MCF5225x demo board is MCU_RSTOUT singal) , so whether place the SH1 resistor will not affect the connection between the debugger and the board. I found Pin 26 of the 26-pin PE debugger is TA (however the TWR-MCF5225x demo board is NC). Is there some design problem of the demo board? I seems that Pin1 and Pin26 signal is reverse.25280922.jpg

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

First the schematic of the TWR-MCF5225X is correct. Let me try to explain. regarding the SH1, actually the SH1 leads the reset out signal from MCU to BDM, that will tell if the hardware reset is issued successfully. If you would use the BDM connector instead of the OSBDM, the SH1 should been installed.

For the PIN 26, it is really no need for BDM debugger, so leave it open is OK.

Please pay attention to PSTCLK, this is an important pin need for BDM communication, I am confused that you mentioned this pin is "unconnected"

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I mean the cable of PSTCLK signal between debugger and target board is unconnected. But I have changed a new cable, but the appearance is the same. Now I changed the debugger to USBDM , now it works fine with the 26-pin connector! 

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

I have placed the SH1 resistor and update the driver of the Multilink Universal debugger, but I just can't connect to the target either. I also check the cable of the connecter, I found the Pin24(PSTCLK) is disconnected! I have recovered the cable, but it doesn't work. Is there any other method I should try to solve this problems? It troubles me.

Thank you!1115771572.jpg584991558.jpg

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

I'll try it. I didn't place the SH1 resistor on the board. Thankyou for your support!

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please let me know what IDE you used for the programming? The CW? And what version? What is the " project board" you mentioned? The customer board or our evaluation board?

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

My development sofware is codewarrior 10.7. The project board means our customed board. And my OS on PC is 64bit win7, i think this

message may be help with the problem.

I also want to

-Original-

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! My development software is Codewarrior V10.7.  The "project board" means the customer board, which is designed by us. 

0 Kudos