MCF51AC256B and MC13201 using SMAC and/or BeeKit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF51AC256B and MC13201 using SMAC and/or BeeKit

offgrid
Contributor III

Is there an easy way to run SMAC on the 'AC256 and get it up and running quickly?

I am trying to use Beekit, and it only compiles projects for the intended development boards, which I have not acquired, and don't intend to. After having Beekit "Compile and open project" in CW 6.3, it will not allow an "Change MCU/connection" to occur to my target processor.

So two questions:

1. Is it possible to allow CW to Change MCU to AC256?

2. OR, can I just import a SMAC into my current project, and if so what files are needed?

Many thanks!

Tim

Offgrid Engineering LLC

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

offgrid
Contributor III

I'll reframe the question:

Does anyone have a very basic SMAC radio running for Coldfire V1 chip and the MC1319X/1320X transceivers, that they would be willing to share?

Or a close relative of that Flexis chip, or ??? Any of the BeeKit projects would work, simple CW, Send and Receive, light some leds, etc.

My preference would be for all the SMAC radio files to be condensed into 1 or 2 files, since my main motor application is already 32 files (yes the CW free limit)!

Thanks for looking!

Tim

:robothappy:

0 Kudos

offgrid
Contributor III

Here is another idea...

Has anyone condensed the SMAC code stack into a just a few (1-4) files?

For any Freescale processor and for any Freescale tranceiver?

Would they also like to share, even possibly an upload to this forum (if anyone else is interested?)???

I would think Freescale would want to provide a simple solution for those of us wanting to add SMAC radios to our existing applications. Possible marketing idea??

Cheers!

Tim

0 Kudos

offgrid
Contributor III

I feel like this is my own personal blog, this thread is so quiet

Anyway the good news, I've condensed the SMAC into two files, radio.h and radio.c for the '51AC256B and I am getting closer to a successful compile. Started out with 500 errors and down to only a few dozen now. Do you realize that the transceiver driver files are spread throughout 7 header and source files!!  Easy to compress this kind of stuff into one or two files!!

When I get done, I'll post the code here in-line, so that anyone can use it.

I wish Freescale would provide simple example code for stuff like this!! (hint-like Microchip and others do).

Tim

(Motorola/Freescale user for 20 years)

0 Kudos