Errors in M5223x RM2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in M5223x RM2

Jaux
Contributor I
Even though we are all very thankfull for rev 2 of the RM, there are still a lot of mistakes and typo's in the manual. Can Freescale perhaps make a PDF version of the document available where the "Commenting" security feature is allowed - this way we can annotate the typo's and mistakes and assist the documentation people to get a correct RM on record?

Thanks, JU
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

DrSeuss
Contributor I
Thank you for your generous offer to help us eliminate the errors in the MCF52235 reference manual.  We disable the commenting feature in the PDFs that appear on the Freescale Web site to ensure that we do not have uncontrolled documents in circulation.  We can, however, generate a 'review-only' version of the reference manual PDF specifically for this purpose.  In order to do this, please tell us what version of Adobe Acrobat you are using, and what platform (e.g., Adobe Reader only or the full Adobe Acrobat, version number, Windows/Mac/Unix) you use it on."

0 Kudos

Jaux
Contributor I
Thanks, it will help a lot...

Windows XP SP 2
Adobe Reader 7.0.8 2006/05/06
0 Kudos

DrSeuss
Contributor I
Well, in the spirit of the holiday season lets see how this works. The attachment is the latest soon to be released version with comment capability enabled. Assuming that the attached 3Meg file will post, lets lay down some ground rules:

Well, let's see if it posts. Please see "rules" in next post.

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-21 02:37 AM
0 Kudos

DrSeuss
Contributor I
Well I guess one can post large file here..

OK the rules. Very simple, this is a test. I think proper respect for the intent may lead to a very fruitful relationship between freescale and users of this device. If you make me mad then I will delete this entire thread.

Please do not release this or any modified copies anywhere but here. It is marked and I know where it came from. The intent is to have users get access to the latest info that freescale has and effect it's structure and readability.

As the file is so large (even as a zip) if readers have a comment or two please comment the PDF and print only the pages with comment to a file and post that smaller file.

As a guideline do not repost the entire PFD unless 20 or more pages have been touched.

Do not expect a personal comment or "that a boy" for every comment. I do appreciate everyone's help in creating the perfect manual. Consider this your thanks. I will not argue every little suggestion. If you feel that the manual is in error, or do not understand something please post a comment to this thread. If you wish to discuss please open another post on that issue.

I will review and send to our publication group as soon as practical. If you have an issue with the manual that needs urgent attention. (some safety issue for example) please enter a service request at the freescale site for immediate attention.

Have fun with your nightly read, and thanks for the help....

Well, guess that's it. Don't make the "doctor" regreat this.
0 Kudos

Jaux
Contributor I
Great - thanks

I have read your rules an undertake to abide by them.

J
0 Kudos