CML-5282 Ethernet not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CML-5282 Ethernet not working

Bipster
Contributor I

I have a CML-5282 (M5282Lite) from Axiom and I am having issues with the Ethernet on this board.  I tried using dbug and u-boot, but I am having the same issue:

I connect my 5282 to my router (linksys wrt54g) using a standard cat-5 cable, and set dbug to a static IP address (outside the DHCP server of the router), the "LINK" LED on the board continuously flashes, and the "DUP" and "100" LED on the board is on.

I set up tftp on my Linux box (and verified that tftp works from a XP box on the same network), and tried a "db -i image.bin" from dbug.  I get

dBUG> dn -i image.bin                                                          

Address:  0x00010000                                                           
Ethernet Address is 12:34:56:78:00:00                                          
Downloading Image 'image.bin' from 192.168.1.100                               
Unable to locate 192.168.1.100                                                 
Errors in TFTP download.                                                       
Read 0 bytes (0 blocks)                                                        
dBUG>

I also get a timeout from uboot whenever I tried to ping 192.168.1.100

I also tried with a simple hub, and reduced the PC Ethernet to 10Meg speed and got this

dBUG> dn -i image.bin                                                           
Address:  0x00010000                                                            
Ethernet Address is 12:34:56:78:00:00                                           
Downloading Image 'image.bin' from 10.65.92.20                                  
TFTP could not make connection to server.                                       
Errors in TFTP download.                                                        
Read 0 bytes (0 blocks)                                                         
dBUG>

A little bit different result.

I tried to contact Axiom, but I have not received an answer yet.

Anyone know if there is a newer dbug for the CML-5282, as the one from Axioms website is the same version as what was installed?

Or is this a hardware isue with the board?

Or possibly a setup issue with the Linux network stuff...

Thanks

Bipster

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

PaoloRenzo
Contributor V

CAn you try a ping during "dn -i image.bin". Pings will not work after dn command is done. Do you have a BDM tool? Can you try to flash the image directly in the flash address as a temporal workaround to run u-boot?

Anyone else?

0 Kudos

RedKite
Contributor I

Unfortunately not an answer but the same issue, at least symptoms "Unable to locate...", when using dn command in dbug on MCF5282. Have you found a solution in the meantime?

I am using dbug v3a.1a.1b as available on the freesscale MCF5282 download page, with some minor modifications to the source code and a new Makefile for building under gcc / cygwin as well as a new linker script for the custom memory layout. The custom board specific source code changes are disabling pll and changing the system clock / period defines according to the external frequency.

Changes for building and executing on the target were straight forward, but no way getting dn to work. Not even the first ARP request of three trials seems to make it on the network with RMON_T_FRAG and RMON_T_JAB both set to two when TDAR is set the first time.

Has this code base ever successfully been tested on a MCF5282 based board?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Martin.

0 Kudos

AxmanRoger
Contributor I

We have had issue with the DBUG monitor TFTP transfer also.  This appears to be a timing issue in the monitor.  Our testing applies a direct connection from the EVB board to the TFTP host PC to overcome the problems.  However, file transfers may still stop prior to complete load.  Third party software drivers for this board do not exhibit these issues (Quadros, CMX, ect).

Regards

0 Kudos