Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot and initial boot

Jump to solution
jagxin
Contributor III

hello

i am using a p2041 chip in an sbc i have programmed the nor flash with the corresponding rcw and the u boot in the locations 0XE8000000

and 0xEFF4000 ,i have connected the debug console but i am unable to get any command of uboot loading is not appearing in the console of the terminal ,in the eval board i am getting the boot commands what could be the problem how to find that the processor loads the rcw from the nor flash  any clock or status pin or register can i read for finding it, i probed the chip select it is getting toggled but i dont know where the execution is hanging

regards

AGXIN

105668_105668.pngpastedImage_0.png

after writing i had read the location it is programmed so how to find where it is hanging

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello agxin j,

If you have the debugger already connected, you could read the Reset control word status registers (DCFG_RCWSRs) at offset E_0100. And you can use debugger to debug U-boot.

Regards

Lunmin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jagxin
Contributor III

hai sir

thanks for your reply

my register values are getting updated ,but i am unable to get the u boot codes through console port o/p

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

sorry mam

thanks for helping

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello agxin j,

If you have the debugger already connected, you could read the Reset control word status registers (DCFG_RCWSRs) at offset E_0100. And you can use debugger to debug U-boot.

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

Hi ,

we are working on processor P2041 with

*NOR flash device S29GL01GS10TFI010

*UART1 port of processor for console display

we have set the processor to hard coded RCW option ( RCW_CFG[0:4] = 1_1000 , 16-bit NOR Flash as boot location; dual 4-pin UARTs enabled; platform ratio of 6:1; core PLL ratio of 9 :1 ) and we have flashed the U-boot file (768KB) provided along with the P2041RDB at NOR location 0XEFF40000.We are not able to see the data on console display

-should the eLBC registers related to NOR in U-boot be edited for this problem?

-What are the parametrs need to be edited in the U boot for getting the display console ?

NOTE :we are not using the CTS and RTS of the UART1 PORT and have left those pins open

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

hai mam

It is set as E_0100 but u-boot console is not appearing only a zero is outputted  through the console no uboot codes are appearing as in evm even without dimm in evm boot codes appear but in our case a zero

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

hello mam

with my current rcw the pc value shown in the dis assembly window is this  do we have to place any instruction in the pbi after the location 0xeff50598 it is hanged here

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

hai madam

while creating rcw what should be done with pbi we have to include crc or can we leave the pbi as blank

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

Hai madam

The following comments are there in pbi of the evm do i have to add the same in my rcw also

pastedImage_0.png

what are this commands for

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

dear madam ,

These are the configuration registers that are differing between evm and And our sbc card

left -evm right -sbc

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

but the rcw is read by the processor if we connect attach in debugger do we get where it is hanged ?

0 Kudos