Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erasing and programming nor flash

Jump to solution
jagxin
Contributor III

dear all

Is it possible to erase a nor flash connected to the elbc bus after connecting through the SRAM_INIT.tcl and running a task for erasing the flash ? or only we can read csan the flashing algorithm run using the l2 cache configured as sram

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi agxin

Look at this in your log :

0 Bytes Programmed, Check Restricted Address Range

Are you sure your programming went OK? It seems you

might have to unlock the address range first - if Restricted

means this.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sinan Akman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi agxin

Look at this in your log :

Are you sure your programming went OK? It seems you

might have to unlock the address range first - if Restricted

means this.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

i erased the nor flash now i need to program to the nor flash rcw and u boot i have created thr rcw file through qcvs i am able to write the rcw  in to the nor flash how to find that it is written in the location E8000000

Performing target initialization ...   

Downloading Flash Device Driver ...  

Reading flash ID ...

Auto-detection is successful.  

File is of type Binary/Raw Format.  

Downloading 0x00000160 bytes to be programmed at 0x00000000  

Executing program ....  

Program Command Succeeded   

fl::target -lc "test_p2041_1-core00_SRAM_P2041_Connect"

fl::target -b 0x0 0x100000

fl::target -v off -l off

cmdwin::fl::device -d "S29GL01GP" -o "64Mx16x1" -a 0xe8000000 0xefffffff

cmdwin::fl::image -f "F:\\BSP image\\images\\P2041RDB\\rcw\\RR_PH_0x19\\rcw_5g_1200mhz.bin" -t "Auto Detect" -re on -r 0xe8000000 0xefffffff -oe off

cmdwin::fl::write

-------------------------

Using restricted address range 0xE8000000 to 0xEFFFFFFF  

Programming file F:\BSP image\images\P2041RDB\rcw\RR_PH_0x19\rcw_5g_1200mhz.bin  

Auto-detection is successful.  

File is of type Binary/Raw Format.  

Program Command Succeeded

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

I have given restricted range from e8000000 to efffffff do we have to change this  address or the code what ever I am writing is written into the ram  instead of flash what should be the offset address and base address in the targeted task window

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello agxin j,

In "PA Flash Programmer Task", please click "Add Action" and open "Add Program / Verify Action" Panel, you need to to select "Apply Address Offset" and specify the exact address where u-boot is located, for example "0xeff40000".

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

Programming went ok I have  unprotected first to write to the flash how to check the flash is locked or protected any command codes are there for checking

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello agxin j,

Yes, it's possible.

Is the target P2041? I am afraid the l2 Cache could not be used as SRAM. If you're referring to CPC, they're configure as SRAM in P2041RDB_init_sram.tcl.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos