View Registers window not displaying correct data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Registers window not displaying correct data

Hawkeye
Contributor III

This is most often the case though sometimes it will display the correct values if I open the window after a breakpoint has been reached and occasionally a previously open view registers window will be updated at a breakpoint as expected.  In this last situation the number is displayed in red as expected.  If I view memory I see the correct values and if I view register details the values are incorrect.

This is version 7.2.1 build 100416 for Coldfire on a MCF5329 via a P&E USB multilink.

This behaviour is different than I experienced with V6.3 for Coldfire and an Abatron BDI2000 connected via Ethernet.

Any suggestions on how to get the register window updating would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

hello,

I think you have to disable "register coloring" optimization (which didn't exist with V6.3). Register coloring option give stronger optimization for locals variables, and sometimes debugger can't display it.

0 Kudos

Hawkeye
Contributor III

Register colouring was already disabled but tried with it enabled (did not update as you said) and then disabled it again.  Now the Register Window updates as long as I open it after it reaches a breakpoint as opposed to the stop in main() after downloading.  I am pretty sure this is more consistent behaviour than before (maybe due to the rebuild caused by changing the Register colouring setup) but I could just be confused. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos