MCF52223EVB Assistance

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF52223EVB Assistance

PopsStack
Contributor I
I am new to this development environemnt so may be asking soem really dumb questions...

I have recently installed the CodeWarrior dev software and am using the MCF52223EVB with P&E system. I have used Stationery to get started with the simple "Hello World" program. Being new to this development system, I am battling to get to grips with getting thing running properly. I have managed to get the routines hooked in for hte LED's. I cannot get to grips with the Interrupts vectors for the switches.

Does one have to initialize anything specific? Is there any comprehensive documentation that will assist one in getting the full suite integrated for use so I can get going with devloping some software.

Are there routines freely available for a USB stack that can be implemented on this devlopment system.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

PopsStack
Contributor I
I may nothave explained things in sufficient detail - so here goes again.

When installing the CodeWarrior Dev Software, the Quick Guide shows how to get MyProj up an trucking - that is the easy part. I got all that going and then went on to declaring as extern the two function calls for the LED's. That was also relatively simple (well not for my brain - took a few hours of fiddling).

I saw a statement somewhere during this whole process that indicates that when the build is done a whole suite of functions are produced which assist the developer in getting going quicker. I notice there is a lot of source code with Exception Handlers and IO routines etc, with some assembler calls. It also appears that the Vector Table is moved to a new IPSBAR address. There is also a function for initiliasing the MCF5xxxx. I have tried to incorporate this function call and then implement a simple printf function within the Switrch Handler. I cannot get any joy out of this.

Is there a specfic order of events that one must follow once the project has been generated/built in order to use these functions so that I can then start configuring/working with other systems on the dev board such as timers and use the interrupt vectors.

Is it as simple as #include all the files (.h) then make the relevant calls????

Any ideas - many thanks.
0 Kudos