Fail to correctly configure JTAG chain when reprogram flash on P4080DS using CodeWarrior 10.5.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to correctly configure JTAG chain when reprogram flash on P4080DS using CodeWarrior 10.5.1

veenee
Contributor I

Hi

I have a PowerPC P4080DS board and found the uboot corrupted recently. The uboot prints hang on the memory initialization, as the following figure shows. Is anybody know the reason about this fault, or somebody met the same fault? I need help to make the board running.

微信图片_20221025233328.jpg

So I try to re-program the uboot to the nor flash of the P4080DS board, using CodeWarrior 10.5.1 and the Code Warrior Tap, following the guildance of AN4948.PDF and CodeWarrior Manuals. But I always get the same ERROR:  

“Error:  Connect Failed;

Fail to correctly configure JTAG chain.(CCSProtocalPlugin)

Error: Connect failed."

微信图片_20221025233319.jpg

I use Code Warrior 10.5.1 on Windows 7 32bit and CodeWarrior Tap box. The switchs of P4080DS board is set according to the P4080DS_README.txt in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\PA_Support\Readme\QorIQ_P4. And I try the two methods mentioned in the AN4948.pdf, but all failed whatever I use USB connection or Ethernet connection. I really get confused about this error and look forward getting help here. I hope experts here could give me some suggestions. So what may the fault causes about my board be and How to solve this JTAG chain configuration error

Best regards!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file" in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf to use JTAG configuration file to override RCW on the target board.

0 Kudos

veenee
Contributor I

Hi,  Yiping Wang:

Actually I had tried to use all JTAG configuration files CodeWarrior10.5.1 provides for P4080DS to override RCW on board, and I had followed the steps in this section you mentioned, the result is also failed and get the same error shown in the following pic.

微信图片_20221106220758.jpg

My hardware connection is shown in next pic, using USB type, I am sure the driver(COM) could recognise my hardware when plug codewarrior usb into my computer.

微信图片_20221106220749.jpg

I get fully confused by this problem and really need help, 3ks.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have other NXP demo board to verify whether there is problem with your CodeWarrior TAP?

Please check whether CodeWarrior license is valid from Help->Freescale Licenses in CodeWarrior IDE.

Please configure your target board as hard-coded RCW to check whether you can connect to the target board.

While you connecting to the target board with CodeWarrior, the CodeWarrior Connection Server(CCS) will be popped up automatically, please open this console and type "log v", then connect to the target board again, the low level CCS log will be printed out in the console, please send the CCS log to me to do more investigation.

0 Kudos

jose1
Contributor I

Estou enfrentando o mesmo problema.

0 Kudos