Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior for Coldfire Linux edition (rev 5.7.0) - wizard issue

Jump to solution
jarjarbin
Contributor I
Hi,

Have anyone had this issue: I've installed CW_ColdFire_2.3.tar, but when I start the IDE and click in the File>New tab, I only get:

Empty Project
External Build Wizard

I do not have the Linux wizard option.

Is there any plug in I need to download?

Thanks for any hep,
cheers!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
obidon
Contributor III
I have experienced this. I learned that this is a problem with plugin for the wizard requiring libXm.so.3 which was not present on my Fedora Core 5 distribution. You should be able to confirm this if you select IDE preferences "Plugin diagnostics" and set the level to "All". When you start CodeWarrior you may see:

Error: File 'LinuxStationeryWizard_LinuxX86Rel' reports this error while loading: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: File 'LinuxStationeryWizard_LinuxX86Rel' does not load. The error number is 205006.
Error: File 'LinuxStationeryWizard_LinuxX86Rel' fails to load.

I obtained libXm.so.3 by installing openmotif-2.2.3. It works now.

Don

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
obidon
Contributor III
I have experienced this. I learned that this is a problem with plugin for the wizard requiring libXm.so.3 which was not present on my Fedora Core 5 distribution. You should be able to confirm this if you select IDE preferences "Plugin diagnostics" and set the level to "All". When you start CodeWarrior you may see:

Error: File 'LinuxStationeryWizard_LinuxX86Rel' reports this error while loading: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: File 'LinuxStationeryWizard_LinuxX86Rel' does not load. The error number is 205006.
Error: File 'LinuxStationeryWizard_LinuxX86Rel' fails to load.

I obtained libXm.so.3 by installing openmotif-2.2.3. It works now.

Don

0 Kudos
jarjarbin
Contributor I
Hi Don,

Thx for your feedback! I've installed libXm.so.3. After I changed the IDE preferences, I now can see that the linux wizard can not find the libXm.so.3 :-((( At least, I know where to look for now.

thx!
0 Kudos
obidon
Contributor III
I think I had to copy libXm.so.3 to /usr/lib so that CodeWarrior would find it.

Don

0 Kudos
twoerner
Contributor I
Or you could find where libXm.so is installed (perhaps /usr/X11R6/lib) and add that directory to the end of the /etc/fstab file. Then you'll need to do a /sbin/ldconfig on the command line to refresh the dynamic loader cache file.

If you installed openmotif from RPMs you can find out where that library was installed by doing a:

rpm -ql openmotif | grep libXm

and looking for the .so file in the result.
0 Kudos
jarjarbin
Contributor I
Hi guys,

thx for your great support. Fo those who would still have the issue, here is what I did:

System Fedora core 6

1. I downloaded openmotif, and installed libXm.so.3 and libXm.so.3.0.2 in usr/lib.
2. I linked libXm.so.3 to libXm.so.3.0.2

then it works great!!!

thx again,
Jarjarbin.
0 Kudos