Codewarrior 7.0 on MFC52235 custom board flash problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 7.0 on MFC52235 custom board flash problem

kaflick
Contributor I
We have a custom board using the MFC52235 and are talking to it using Codewarrior 7.0 and the P&E USB Coldfire multilink pod.

We can read and write the ram, read the flash and do the ram tests O.K.

When we try to erase flash we get:

Can not read target memory at location: 0x20000500. Please make sure that the chip selects are properly configured. The CWPP response code is: 0x0.

When we try to blank check flash we get:

ColdFire P&E Protocol Adapter : An error occurred while trying to write memory

Any suggestions?

Keith Flick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Black
Contributor I
This error message shows that your CodeWarrior Flash Programmer settings does not match with your board memory mapping, initialization .cfg file or flash algorithm used. Please check again these settings and .cfg file (perform a debug session with with "Verify Memory Writes" checked and board .cfg file selected in the CF Debugger Settings panel of your project). 

Then I suggest consulting the Troubleshooting the Flash Programmer ANFlashProg.pdf from CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.0 installation folder\ColdFire_Tools\FlashToolKit\Documentation for some troubleshooting suggestions.

If your flash device is not supported by default in CodeWarrior for ColdFire Flash Programmer, there is a Flash ToolKit that will allow you to create custom flash programmer algorithms .elf files if none of the existing algorithms matches your flash type. These new tools, templates, applications and documentation are located in CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.0 installation folder\ColdFire_Tools\FlashToolKit. Please see the AddFlashDevs.pdf application note for adding new devices to Flash Programmer. In the same location you can find a Perl script flash_entrygen.pl for adding new devices to flash programmer.  

If the problem continues please submit a service request here. Thank you.
0 Kudos