キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

CW PPC ISA - glibc ("GCC Toolchain") upgrade

3,231件の閲覧回数
mbenedict
Contributor I

Is there a place that the "GCC Toolchain" format is documented? Or are newer versions available? Specifically, the application I am porting uses POSIX message queues, so I need at least glibc 2.3.4. However, it looks like the "gcc toolchain V3.4.3" uses glibc 2.3.3. Is there a later toolchain available for download? Other suggestions?

I am running CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerPC ISA, Linux Application Edition, ver 2.6, Build 60213 targeting an MPC8349e-mITX reference board.

Thank you!
Michael

--
Alban Edit: please mention CW version in subject line

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-03-23 10:06 PM

ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
5 返答(返信)

606件の閲覧回数
Voxan
Contributor III
Hi Michael,

what GCC format are you looking for ??

There is no newer version available as yet from Freescale, you may want to give Google a shot. Please also note that the 3.4.3 GCC tool chain is specific to PA processors based on the e500 core!

Hope this helps...

Best Regards
0 件の賞賛
返信

606件の閲覧回数
mbenedict
Contributor I
Voxan,

Thank you for your response. I am still struggling learning how to use CW. When I select a new project, does that mean that I have to know not to select "gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.3-spe" ? Are there other toolchains that do no support e300 cores? Why am I able to select "83xx" processor type after selecting the "gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.3-spe" toolchain if that is not supported?

I guess I am trying to figure out how the above choices in the new project wizard affect the build itself. In a makefile-based project I could just specify the include search path and library but I just don't understand CW's interaction with gcc so I am not convinced that I can append the right flags to make all this happen the way I would expect.

Thank you for all your help!
-Michael
0 件の賞賛
返信

606件の閲覧回数
Voxan
Contributor III
Michael,

on new project creation your asked to:
* name it
* choose between gcc or Freescale tools, pick gcc.
* choose between Lib/App or Kernel Module project type.
* choose the gcc tool chain from the one installed by CW insataller
* choose the language C or C++
* choose you target
* choose your connection protocol
==> you are done.

Note: there is a file named {CW}/CodeWarriorIDE/cgg_paths.cfg which defined the default gcc tool chain.

Note: targets are unlocked by license keys, not by tool chain.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards
0 件の賞賛
返信

606件の閲覧回数
mbenedict
Contributor I
Voxan, Thank you. The only remaining question is: which toolchains support the e300? -Michael
0 件の賞賛
返信

606件の閲覧回数
Voxan
Contributor III
Hi Michael,

gcc 3.3.2 is...

Hope this helps...

Regards
0 件の賞賛
返信