cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bareboard Flashing of P1015 using CodeWarrior TAP

pavankumarg
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently trying to flash a custom P1015 based board using CodeWarrior Flash Programmer v10.5.1 connected over a CodeWarrior USB TAP. I tried the methodology suggested by AN4948 Flash Programmer for the reference board (P1024RDB) and it worked, but when I try the same methodology on my bareboard, it shows the following error.

Performing target initialization ...
Error reading memory
[CCS last error: cannot start SAP transaction ](CCSProtocolPlugin)
Error: <error>
Downloading Flash Device Driver ...
Reading flash ID .......
Error: The algorithm was not able to run on the target or the flash is not configured properly.
Error: Getting flash ID failed
Error: The algorithm was not able to run on the target or the flash is not configured properly.

I tried creating a new project launch configuration for "SRAM Connect" and that seems to be able to initialise the target, as well as read the Flash ID. The launch confiiguration for "RAM Download" and "RAM Connect" goes about showing the above mentioned error. Could you suggest how to go about the Flashing of a P1015 bareboard?

P.S - Also while flashing using the "SRAM Download" launch configuration, the execute with verify takes a long while to execute and the board does not boot up!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pavankumar G,

The initialization file provided in CodeWarrior is used for the demo board, you need to calculate DDR controller configuration parameters according to your target board. You could use QCVS and DDRv tool to calculate and optimize these parameters for your target board.

So far, SRAM initialization file is a good choice to use L2 Cache to SRAM to avoid using DDR to run flash algorithm.

In addition, you also need to pay attention to eLBC configuration section in CW initialization file according to the NOR flash type on your target.

The u-boot configuration provided in Linux SDK is also for the demo board only, you need to do necessary porting work according to your custom board.

I suggest you try to debug u-boot to find out where it stuck.

Please refer to this document CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging  for u-boot debugging.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos