make error : abs asm project: No rule to make target `WiperHtr_asm.obj', needed by `WiperHtr.obj.s19'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make error : abs asm project: No rule to make target `WiperHtr_asm.obj', needed by `WiperHtr.obj.s19'

Jump to solution
CustomSarge
Contributor III

Hi while new to the Eclipse version, been building projects in the "classic" IDE since V5.9.

Forced to learn/convert to V10.6 to use PA4 controller.

Here's the last section of the Build log:

D:/Project/OtherWork/Liberty_Ckts/Wiper_Htr/uC_Ver/WiperHtr/WiperHtr/Project_Headers\derivative.inc

D:/Project/OtherWork/Liberty_Ckts/Wiper_Htr/uC_Ver/WiperHtr/WiperHtr/Project_Headers\MC9S08PA4.inc

writing debug listing to D:\Project\OtherWork\Liberty_Ckts\Wiper_Htr\uC_Ver\WiperHtr\WiperHtr\FLASH\WiperHtr.dbg

Generating SRecord File 'D:\Project\OtherWork\Liberty_Ckts\Wiper_Htr\uC_Ver\WiperHtr\WiperHtr\FLASH\WiperHtr.sx'

Output file: "D:\Project\OtherWork\Liberty_Ckts\Wiper_Htr\uC_Ver\WiperHtr\WiperHtr\FLASH\WiperHtr.obj"

Code Size: 500

writing listing to D:\Project\OtherWork\Liberty_Ckts\Wiper_Htr\uC_Ver\WiperHtr\WiperHtr\FLASH\WiperHtr.lst

HC08 Assembler: *** 0 error(s), 0 warning(s), 0 information message(s) ***

HC08 Assembler: *** Processing ok ***

'Finished building target: WiperHtr.obj'

' '

mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `WiperHtr_asm.obj', needed by `WiperHtr.obj.s19'.  Stop.

mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

The Classic version took care of all this stuff. I've tries help & Lots of "setting" areas. to no avail (duh).

Also, searched this forum for similar, it's almost certainly something simple I'm not seeing / finding.

Everything I write is absolute assembler, for speed purposes.

I'd greatly appreciate some guidance as to what to do / look for / why it fails. Thanks, Kevin S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CustomSarge
Contributor III

TaDAAA, silly me, did an update to the CW package.

I wasn't the first to find this... it now works fine.

Time to write code, Thanks All.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kevin,

I wonder if you add WiperHtr_asm file to your project compiler path setting. can you please check it?

if you can't solve it by yourself, please upload your project here thus we can check it on my side.

thanks!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
CustomSarge
Contributor III

Thanks for the assist. Found it seems to be systemic:

Create a new project, in its own folder, as type Absolute Assembler.

Let it generate the basic code lines.

Now, without changing Anything, try to build it... you should get the same error.(I did)

I'm thinking the generation of the S19 file isn't getting code location addresses.

That's a guess, I can't tell what it's missing and it isn't telling either.

0 Kudos
CustomSarge
Contributor III

TaDAAA, silly me, did an update to the CW package.

I wasn't the first to find this... it now works fine.

Time to write code, Thanks All.

0 Kudos