Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command to assemble in a makefile:

Jump to solution
raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Hallo,

I'm building my application by using make and not sure of the command to convert an assembly file, Do_On_Stack.asm, to an object file - Do_On_Stack.o using the assembler.

i.e. the command in the makefile will be something like:

Do_On_Stack.o : Do_On_Stack.asm
                       $(ASSEMBLER) XXXX

where: (ASSEMBLER) - is a variable pointing to the location of the assembler exe file ahc12.exe and XXX are the instructions that I'm looking for.

What is this command and what arguments, options must be given to the assembler? I'm using the cygwin shell which attempts to provide unix like functionality on a Windows machine.

Raghav

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Have a look in any assmebly HC12 project in the CW ide, there in the compiler/linker/assembler settings is a checkbox "show command line" (or similar) which dumps the complete command line used by this tool to the message window.
Note that the content of the message window can be copied with ctrl-c.
Of course you don't need all the options as used in CW, for example it passes to many access paths to the tools.

Daniel

PS: If you do not have a project, create one with the wizard.

BTW. the tools support both UNIX style / and dos style \ directory separators. I always had problems with the dos style because cygwin's sh treats them as escape character, so best if you work only with UNIX style paths.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Have a look in any assmebly HC12 project in the CW ide, there in the compiler/linker/assembler settings is a checkbox "show command line" (or similar) which dumps the complete command line used by this tool to the message window.
Note that the content of the message window can be copied with ctrl-c.
Of course you don't need all the options as used in CW, for example it passes to many access paths to the tools.

Daniel

PS: If you do not have a project, create one with the wizard.

BTW. the tools support both UNIX style / and dos style \ directory separators. I always had problems with the dos style because cygwin's sh treats them as escape character, so best if you work only with UNIX style paths.
0 Kudos