Resolving CodeWarrior Segment Data Warning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving CodeWarrior Segment Data Warning

crezyoz
Contributor IV

I am working with CW 10.6.4 . It is a PE project for the K70 using the TWR. When attempting to download to the board I get the message

"Errors exist in project, Continue? "

Yet, there are no errors in the problems window.

There is this in the warnings, but I have no clue what it is referring to as clicking on it goes nowhere.

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

Segment data have to begin at address aligned to 2048 Please align ORIGIN of data segment to 2048

Why is there no error in the problems window?

What do you think the segment warning refers to?

Here is the excerpt from my linker file

MEMORY {

interrupts  (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x000001E8

code        (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000410, LENGTH = 0x000FFBF0

data        (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFF0000, LENGTH = 0x00020000

cfmprotrom  (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x00000010

}

UPDATE: Well, it appears this error was from another project in the workspace and was CLOSED, and NOT a required project for the one I was building.

Is that a bug ?

Yes, it is.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

crezyoz
Contributor IV

That wasn't the problem either. I removed all of the other projects in the workspace and it went away for a bit. Now it is back. CW says there are errors in the project. THe Problems window only has a couple of warnings. No way to find out what those errors are. The latest version of CW is so poor I can't see how anyone gets anything done.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am not sure if the problem is due to the old associations.

1 . please remove .metadata folder under your current workspace then restart CW and test again.

2. if the problem still exists, we need to identify the problem is in one specific project or a common issue for all project. please create a new project with wizard. then test how it works. if the problem is only in your own project, please send it to me with error screenshot, I will test it on my side. thanks!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

crezyoz
Contributor IV

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, after a week with the toolset and looking at these forums, we've pretty much decided to move to another MPU and move away from Freescale. The last two projects, one for the Navy, were difficult enough with  the poor documentation costing thousands of dollars and many hours of wasted time.  Too bad, because I felt somewhat familiar with them and initially thought they would be a fast track to a completed product. 

I appreciate your response and, in my spare time, I will continue to follow progress.

0 Kudos