Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming fuses in CW 10.2

Jump to solution
MJWeston
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm not having much luck here.  I am using CW 10.2 and the PE Micro USB based programmer called the USB Multilink Interface.  It's worked fine for testing but now I want to flash units to leave the building and I want to protect the code against modification and from being read out of the device.  I can't find a way to do this and this programmer has no standalone app.  Maybe there is some third party app out there.

I have searched this forum and found a good way to flash the main code into boards quickly and without having to rebuild every time by starting the debugger, but won't protect the flash.

How can I do this?  Do I need to hand modify my S19 file to include the registers or is there an easier way?  If I did modify the .S19 file, would code warrior even send those protection settings anyway?  Do I have no choice but to buy a more expensive programmer?

Thanks!

Michael

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the easiest way to protect the flash is to have a S19 file (S-Record) which has the protection bytes in it programmed.

You might consider to merge two S19 files (one with the application, and one with just the protection bytes in it) using the burner utility (prog\burner.exe).

As for standalone flash programming: have a look at this post:

https://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/standalone-flash-programmer/

About doing protection with a CodeWarrior target task: that depends on the CPU you are using, but I know that CW MCU 10.3 (which comes out soon) has extended capabilities and supports more devices to protect/unprotect.

Hope this helps,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the easiest way to protect the flash is to have a S19 file (S-Record) which has the protection bytes in it programmed.

You might consider to merge two S19 files (one with the application, and one with just the protection bytes in it) using the burner utility (prog\burner.exe).

As for standalone flash programming: have a look at this post:

https://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/standalone-flash-programmer/

About doing protection with a CodeWarrior target task: that depends on the CPU you are using, but I know that CW MCU 10.3 (which comes out soon) has extended capabilities and supports more devices to protect/unprotect.

Hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos
MJWeston
Contributor III

Thanks BlackNight.  I will see what I can figure out.  We may just pick up a Cyclone programmer and do it that way but at least there might be some options here.

0 Kudos