Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems debugging with CW10.2

Jump to solution
marcguse
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have started working with CW10.2 (running under Windows 7 - 64 bit) a few weeks a go and when debugging I found several problems that I cannot solve. First one is that when I click the 'Reset' icon, the program counter jumps to random positions instead of going to main() as I configured. Second one is that if I set a breakpoint in one of the source files, the debugger does not stop. However, breakpoints work properly in other source files in the same project. Finally, sometimes after stopping (Suspend) the program execution, when I click 'Step into' again, the debugger does not execute a single instruction, but continues running as if I click 'Resume', but then I cannot stop it again. After this, I have to 'Terminate' debugger, clean and build project again.

Thanks in advacne for your kind help.

Marcos

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marcguse
Contributor II

I installed last CW10.2 patches and everything works better now. When I click reset, the program counter is loaded with the reset vector value, so reset is performed almost correctly. I say 'almost' because it does not go to the 'main' function , but at least it does not reset to random addresses.

The debugger is now stopping at all breakpoints, so this issue is also solved.

The third point seems to be solved too. I can execute step-by-step without crashes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marcguse
Contributor II

Hello again. I forgot to say that I am using USB TAP for debugging. The target device is MC56F8023.

Marcos

0 Kudos
marcguse
Contributor II

I installed last CW10.2 patches and everything works better now. When I click reset, the program counter is loaded with the reset vector value, so reset is performed almost correctly. I say 'almost' because it does not go to the 'main' function , but at least it does not reset to random addresses.

The debugger is now stopping at all breakpoints, so this issue is also solved.

The third point seems to be solved too. I can execute step-by-step without crashes.

0 Kudos