cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem flashing .s19 using Embedded Bootloader

magic
Contributor I
Hi all...

I am using Freescale Zigbee/MC13193 EVK. It contains two 13192-SARD and three 13192-EVB boards. The microcontrollers used for the boards are GT60 which belongs to the GB60 family. I'm trying to build an application from My_Wireless_App for the IEEE 802.15.4 protocol. The application is available from
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/search/MainSERP.jsp?Products=Products%2F011Wireless+Communications%2...
The specific file is MC13192 802.15.4 MAC.

The problem is flashing the boards with embedded bootloader. I saved the .s19 file into the Test Tool folder for embedded bootloader flashing but received the prompt error saying: .s19 data transfer failed. Beneath the Test Tool window, another error saying: Firmware download failed - mismatch found on address=0xFFC0. There are no problem for other application except the My_Wireless_App.

What could be the problem and suggested solution?

Thank you
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lotuzeater
Contributor I
I am trying to download the MyApp_Ex01 s19 file as well on to my 13193EVB (NOTE: NOT 13193EVK) board and I am getting the same error. I have been able to download other samples (wireless uart, etc) but not the programs under MyWirelessApp sample. Has anybody found a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
Here is a hypothesis, but I have no means to test it:

The address of the error, 0xFFC0, is the start of an area referred to as "unused vector space".
But if you have a bootloader installed, the vector space is relocated down to a lower address
by the flash-protect hardware.

I suspect that the MyApp programs do not know about the bootloader, and need to have the
vector data moved to where the chip has relocated the vectors.

Message Edited by rocco on 04-15-200601:56 PM

0 Kudos

lotuzeater
Contributor I
Rocco,

>>> need to have the vector data moved to where the chip has relocated the vectors.

Could you please let me know as to how I can try relocating the vectors?

Thanks!

Message Edited by lotuzeater on 04-15-200604:15 PM

0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II

Could you please let me know as to how I can try relocating the vectors?
Well, it depends on the project . . .

If the project is relocatable assembler, the the memory segment defined for the vectors would need moved in the .PRM file.

If the project is absolute assembler, Then there will be an ORG statement prior to the vector definitions that needs to change.

If the project is C, then I can't help at all. I don't use CodeWarrior.

Maybe someone else can offer better advice.
0 Kudos

magic
Contributor I
The solution is simply use hiwave, i.e. P&E Multilink to flash the .s19 file into ur EVB/EVK...
0 Kudos

lotuzeater
Contributor I
Thanks Magic, I don't have the P&E Multilink, I'll have to order it
and give that a try. Do you know why the P&E multilink was
mandatory?

Another question: How does one download a program using the multilink?
I have only seen instructions for downloading the bootloader or
upgrading the bootloader, but not a sample program...

Thanks.

Message Edited by lotuzeater on 04-16-200612:57 AM

0 Kudos