MPC56xx CodeWarrior RTOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC56xx CodeWarrior RTOS

jawaad_abdul
Contributor II

We are planning to use MPC56xx microcontroller for Automotive application with CodeWarrior. Wondering if we get
1. Sample applications / libraries with CodeWarrior?
2. Which RTOS is provided? can we select OSEK?

7 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We suggest you use AUTOSAR for MPC56. See

Home : AUTOSAR

Demo code is included in the package

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jawaad_abdul
Contributor II

Thank you Jennie,

Just saw your 45 min NXP AUTOSAR MCAL vid.

So, we use: 

1. Elektrobit Tresos Studio Configuration tool, then

2. S32 Design Studio to compile, then

3. Lauterback (Trace32) for debugging

1. As we are extensively using eTPU modules of MPC5634M, does EB Tresos provide configuration of these? 

2. Does not we have CodeWarrior doing all in one (Configuration, Compile and Debug)?

3. How about Freescale OSEKturbo with CodeWarrior? Can we still use EB Tresos as configuration tool and use CodeWarrior instead of S32? Are SAmple application available?

---

0 Kudos

ashokkumarnaray
Contributor I

Hi,

Query: 1. As we are extensively using eTPU modules of MPC5634M, does EB Tresos provide configuration of these? 

Answer: Sample Application embedded in the MCAL SIP has some set of configuration for all available modules, but it doesn't guaranteed that those configurations would match with our expectations. Hence it is highly recommended to go with 'Generate at least one default configuration' option which is available at project settings & continue with specific need based changes.

Query: 2. Does not we have CodeWarrior doing all in one (Configuration, Compile and Debug)?

Answer: CW shall be used for Compile & Debug. Since EB Tresos enhances the module configuration at graphical level, modifying the configuration files @ CW might not be a wise choice... It is possible to configure @ CW, but we would loss the sophisticated validation (Warnings, Errors,  Suggestions etc...) done by the EB Tresos.

Query:

3. How about Freescale OSEKturbo with CodeWarrior? Can we still use EB Tresos as configuration tool and use CodeWarrior instead of S32? Are SAmple application available?

Answer: Technically it is possible...  I am not sure about the availability of sample application with this combination, since NXP provided MCAL is always has samples with the FREESCAL AUTOSAR OS.

All the best.

0 Kudos

jawaad_abdul
Contributor II

Thank you for clarifications.

1. EB Tresos has good documentation to understand what you mentioned? - “'Generate at least one default configuration'”

2. Can you please let us know the price for AUTOSAR MCAL and OS for MPC57xx?

3. If we select CodeWarrior which RTOS is recommended? And is CW for eTPU ONLY for eTPU program development or can also be used for host application programming?

4. Do we need to buy separate license for CW for eTPU?

5. I came across eTPU function selector web Tool – Is this code generated for S32 DS or CW?

--

Jawaad Mohammed

Embedded Systems Engineer

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B91Wc16SEHqvMUVoVEstaGZ3d0E&revid=0B91Wc16SEHqvOWpIK1...

11435 156 Street

Edmonton, AB T5M 3T2

Ph. 780.482.4678

Fx. 780.482.4454

<mailto:jawaad.abdul@innovativefuelsystems.com> jawaad.abdul@innovativefuelsystems.com

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

about your question I came across eTPU function selector web Tool – Is this code generated for S32 DS or CW?

Output of this tool are .c and .h file, which are not compiler dependent. You can add it into CodeWarrior project as well as in S32 Design Studio project.

Regards,

Martin

ashokkumarnaray
Contributor I

Hi Jawaad Mohammed,

Query: 1.       EB Tresos has good documentation to understand what you mentioned? -  “'Generate at least one default configuration'”

Answer: Refer 'Sample Application' in the installed MCAL path.. This sample application has typical configurations for all available modules which would rapidly improve the speed of development.

Refer  'C:\NXP\AUTOSAR\MPC560XB_MCAL4_0_RTM_HF13_1.0.1\eclipse\plugins\Adc_TS_T2D13M10I1R0\doc' for individual Module Integration & User Guides...

AUTOSAR_MCAL_xxx_IM.pdf

AUTOSAR_MCAL_xxx_UM.pdf

Query: 2.       Can you please let us know the price for AUTOSAR MCAL and OS for MPC57xx?

Answer: It is Free from NXP...

Refer AUTOSAR (Classic) Version 4.0.x|NXP 

pastedImage_1.png

Query: 3.       If we select CodeWarrior which RTOS is recommended? 

Answer: CW doesn't recommend any OS. Since it provides OSEK/VDX compliant AUTOSAR OS, it is recommended to  go with that unless and until any specific RTOS feature which is not available in NXP AUTOSAR OS.

Query 4: And is CW for eTPU ONLY for eTPU program development or can also be used for host application programming?

Answer: CW shall be used for application programming as well, since it is a framework.

Query 5.       Do we need to buy separate license for CW for eTPU?

Answer: Are you saying ePTU as a separate Micro-controller Unit or  a peripheral in MPC57XX? 

Query 6.        I came across eTPU function selector web Tool – Is this code generated for S32 DS or CW?

Answer: I am not familiar with this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ashok Kumar Narayanan

0 Kudos

jawaad_abdul
Contributor II

My response in >>red.

0 Kudos