Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Codewarrior: Problem report is - region 'm_data' overflowed

Jump to solution
armendgecaj
Contributor III

Hi all,

i am working with Kinteis K -series (with Codewarrior).

I am developing an algorithm, that produces a random labyrinth (with C).

Now i will show my labyrinth on a LCD Display.

But if i build my Project in Codewarrior i get the problem report: region 'm_data' overflowed by 12808 bytes.

I researched that the memory of the Kinetis K - family is seperated in two (m_data and m_data_20000000). I looked in my Project map file but my memory is not seperated.

I looked after another solution but i did not find any.

Does anybody have a solution?

Can it be that the memory requirements of my algorithm is to big for my microcontroller?

Or can i do something in the settings of Codewarrior to solve the Problem.

Armend

Original Attachment has been moved to: mapFile.map.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Armend

Usually,  ‘m_data’ is used to save global variables, stack, heap.  And the array ’abyrinth’ in your application is placed in .bss, which also locates in ‘m_data’. Since the ’abyrinth’  is a big array, please try to enlarge the size of ‘m_data’  in your link command file.

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Armend

Usually,  ‘m_data’ is used to save global variables, stack, heap.  And the array ’abyrinth’ in your application is placed in .bss, which also locates in ‘m_data’. Since the ’abyrinth’  is a big array, please try to enlarge the size of ‘m_data’  in your link command file.

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

armendgecaj
Contributor III

Hi Kuang,

i thank you very much. I tried your suggestion and it works. As you told me i changed the length of 'm_data' in my command file.

Agian: thank you!

If you have some time can you explain me why this works. Well, why can i enlarge 'm_data'?

I thought this is given me by my microcontroller.

Is 'm_data' a part of the memory of my microcontroller?

If yes, why can i change it?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Armend

0 Kudos