cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading S28 and S19 files in hiwave 6.1

Jump to solution
jacekczarski
Contributor I

Processor MC9S12DP512, interface PE Micro.

I have a third party S28 file which I can load and program successfully from "Load Executable File" window ("Automatically erase..." and "Verify..." boxes checked). The device works OK after programming. I created a S19 file using SAVE command from the command window (and edited it deleting all blank sections). When I use this file to program the device (no errors during programming and verification) it doesn't work. However, when I execute SAVE again, the memory content is identical as after programming using S28 file.

Project.ini contains line "SRECISHCS12LINEARADR=1"

What's wrong?

All answers welcome, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jacek,

MC9S12DP512 includes both non-banked flash and banked flash. Did you compare both of them?

Did you also check flash content of trim value?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Jacek,

I suspect SAVE doesn't respect SRECISHCS12LINEARADR and saves banked.

Could you please try saving logical 0x3FBFF0-0x3FBFFF (reset vector and few more vectors)? You should open and check address field in S2 record. If it's banked then you should see S2xx3FBFF0xxxx. If linear, then it should be S2xx0FFFF0xxxx

Edward

0 Kudos
jacekczarski
Contributor I

Thanks Edward for your answer.

As I mentioned in answer to Jennie I can't save data from "Memory" window past address 0xFFFF. And the original S2 file uses linear addresses.

Cheers

Jacek

0 Kudos
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Jacek,

Yes, you refreshed my memory, SAVE doesn't like > 0xFFFF addresses.

Well, then you have more work. You may do script, which would write valid value to PPAGE register (WB command?), then save specific P-page at 0x8000-0xBFFF to file. Then write next value to PPAGE and save 0x8000-BFFF to different file and so on.

After all files are saved you could use burner utility to convert page file addresses to linear/physical. Start burner at <cw install>/prog/burner.exe,  go Burner->Burner Dialog, specify input file, output file, in Content tab calculate Destination offset, then execute.

Destination offset for S12D PPAGE N:

offset = N * 0x4000 - 0x8000

(Burner utility offset is specified in hex without 0x prefix)

After conversion you can combine all output files into single removing intermediate blank, S0 and S9 lines.

Edward

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jacek,

MC9S12DP512 includes both non-banked flash and banked flash. Did you compare both of them?

Did you also check flash content of trim value?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jacekczarski
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,

Thanks for the tip. I checked "Memory" window past address 0xFFFF and found more banks of flash containing data. Unfortunately hiwave doesn't pass that data to S19 file using SAVE command.

Thanks again

Jacek

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jacek.

HCS12 combines banked and non-banked memory, code is not allocated continually.

Normally we upload flash code part by part.

this is to upload code from address 0xFE8000-0xFE8020 to file outfile.s19

save 0xfe8000..0xfe8020 "outfile.s19"

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos