cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the MKL05Z32VLC obsolete?

zzabrahamzz
Contributor II

Hi

In this days I'm using the MKL05Z32VLC because is a MCU that have lower cost for my application, I want to use this MCU to control a LED displays and I need to use the timmer, but the SDK doesn't support this device, now I'm using CodeWarrior V11.1 for MCU, but I don't find more information to do use the timmer for this device.

Thanks

Best regards.

5 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, there isn't KL05 SDK. If you use CodeWarrior, there is rarely demos for KL05 PIT/LPTMR. You can find demos for PWM/RTC in File->Import->CodeWarrior->Example Project_>Kinetis Example Projects(Processor Expert).

Another way is using KDS(Kinetis Develop Studio). Then you can refer to KL03 and KL25's sdk and demo. Drivers are same. It just need you to learn how to call them.

Regards,

Jing

zzabrahamzz
Contributor II

Yes, I actually using CodeWarrior for this MCU I using the Processor Expert for control to the timer by DMA but I want debug by CMSIS DAP, is possible?

Thanks Jing Pan.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, CMSIS-DAP is fine. CodeWarrior can support it.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

zzabrahamzz
Contributor II

And you have documentation for to make CMSIS-DAP link compatible with CodeWarrior, I searched information for this but I don’t found :smileysad:

Thanks and best regards Jing.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

What debug probe do you use? Do you use FRDM-KL05?

You can download driver from OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos