I just installed Codewarrior for MCU but the project menu items "open project" and "close project" are grayed out. Do I need a license in order to open a project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just installed Codewarrior for MCU but the project menu items "open project" and "close project" are grayed out. Do I need a license in order to open a project?

ivanstieber
Contributor I

I just installed Codewarior for MCU but the project menu items "open project" and "close project" are grayed out. Do I need a license in order to open a project?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivanstieber
Contributor I

I figured out the problem. The Codewarrior Projects view was not opened. Once I opened the view, all of my projects where displayed there. The open and close project items only become active when you highlight one of the projects in the Codewarrior Projects view.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ivan,

Open and Close project are actions on already existing projects in the Projects view. If you want to add a project, you have to use the 'Import Project' or drag&drop way as outlined by Fiona. Opening and closing projects is a common practice in Eclipse just to have the projects open you want to work with, mainly for performance reasons (see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/08/16/eclipse-performance-improvement-tip-close-unused-projects/ ).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ivan

The extension name of a CW10 project file is .project, which is under the project folder.

To open a project in CodeWarrior v10.x, you can use either of the solution below:

1) Click on 'File' Menu in CodeWarrior IDE

Select 'Import'->General->Existing Projects into Workspace

Enable 'Select root directory', and browse to the folder in where your project file(.project) locates

Select the project can click on 'Finish' button.

2) Open the project folder with Windows Explorer, and find the project file (.project), then click on it and drag it into the 'CodeWarrior Projects' view in CodeWarrior IDE.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos