How to open Component Editor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open Component Editor?

jerrygirard
Contributor I

I have spent all morning trying to figure out how to open the Component Editor so I can modify an exiting bean I created a long time ago.

I am now using the newest version of CodeWarrior called:

CodeWarrior Development Studio

(c) Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.

Installed Products:

- CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.6.4

Build Id:150416

It says I have this installed component:

Component Development Environment 1.6.4.CW_b1514-1002

How the heck do I open an existing component to start editing?

I have read every tutorial ever created and they all just say to begin with: File|New|Embedded Component...

Apparently everyone must create their components perfect the first time, so there is no need to open them up for editing.

Can someone please prove that I'm not stupid here?  What am I missing?  Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerry,

You can import the component by going to the menu File > Import > Component Development Environment > Import Component/Interface:

pastedImage_0.png

Select an existing project or a new one to import the bean:

pastedImage_1.png

Select the Browse for folder option:

pastedImage_2.png

Select your bean file and click on Finish.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jerrygirard
Contributor I

I tried this and have experienced some issues with the Component Development Editor:

1. If I Import a previously developed component from a package, it opens in the Project Tree and I see the Driver and beans folders.  However, it does not appear as a component in the Components Explorer view under the cde folder.  Therefore, I cannot gain access to the Properties Editor to edit the interface using the GUI.

2. If I Import a current user component from the library, it opens in the Project Tree, but I only see the beans folder, so I am missing some elements to edit.  However, it does open up on the Component view under the cde folder.  I can double-click the icon and it opens the interface Properties Editor GUI.  The Driver folder is missing in both the GUI and Project Tree view, so I am missing some elements to edit.

Either way I try to import/open components from packages or from the library, there seems to be a limitation on both fronts that prevent me from doing any useful edits.  I keep trying by deleting from the project, cleaning folders, etc., but nothing helps.  I'm using 10.6.4 Special Edition with expired trial license, so code size is limited to 64KB.  It's okay, because I'm only using a simple 48K S08 part.

I creating a component yesterday and everything appeared normal.  It was automatically added to the library.  When I went to import it back into the project today to continue editing, it was missing elements and I could not finish editing it.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos