How can I get rid of extraneous messages from an automated build?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get rid of extraneous messages from an automated build?

jeffpilant
Contributor I

I am new to Code Warrior MCU.  We are using CW MCU v10.1.  I have old 7.X project *.mcp files.  The project is imported.

I need to automate the build.  Below is the text of the DOS box.  The "Managed Build system manifest file error" messages seem to be warnings, but since we want to preserve the build as part of a logged validation process, I would like to have it be clean and not have any error messages output.  We cannot easily switch to a newer version of CW, so how can I find and remove these error messages?

The build seems OK, as its output matches the non-automated output we already have in testing.

/jeff

---------------------------------

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CWMCUv10.1\eclipse>ecd -build -verbose -clean -data "C:/Documents and Settings/<user>/workspace/<project>" -project "C:/<path-to-application>" -config "<tag>"

Creating workbench...

Project "<application>" imported.  IProject.exist(): true

Building Project "<application>" ...

Managed Build system manifest file error: Duplicate identifier cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.c.compiler.input for element type InputType.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Duplicate identifier cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cpp.compiler.input for element type InputType.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Duplicate identifier hc08.toolchain.compiler.base.opt.o0 for element type Option.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Duplicate identifier cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.c.compiler.input for element type InputType.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Duplicate identifier cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cpp.compiler.input for element type InputType.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Unable to resolve the category identifier hc08.compiler.optionCategory.optimization in the option hc08.toolchain.compiler.base.opt.o0.

Building project <application> configuration <tag>...

Build succeeded for project <application> configuration <tag>

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

CW10.1 is an old tool, there are many fixes and enhancements in CW10.6 which is the latest version. I strongly recommend to move CW10.6.

Regarding the migrations process:

the cleanest way to migrate a project is to create a new empty project in CW10.6 and copy/add all your source files to the new project, this way CW10.6 will use its default settings and you will not have incompatibility issues.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

jeffpilant
Contributor I

As stated, upgrading is not really a viable option.  While we do have a newer version available, I need to make it work in 10.1.

/jeff

PS: Why does the question say "Assumed Answered"?

0 Kudos