cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,Recommended CW license type for me

alexstefan
Contributor III

Hi,

Been using the free license for the past 3 years or so, but just went over the code size limit a few weeks ago. The plan is to migrate to the newer range of NXP IDEs anyway for the next product, but, unfortunately, it seems we'll have to buy a license to finish off the current product.

Essentially, in our company, there's only one person working with CodeWarrior at any one time. The difficulty comes from the fact that, although the bulk of the work is done from my work PC, I need CodeWarrior running on my laptop as well, for the weeks when I'm away from the office testing. The license server solution seems to not be the optimum solution, as it seems convoluted to set up for access from the Internet and can slow down the app. So should I get the node locked version? Can I use it without an USB dongle initially - there's no USB dongles in stock with any of the European distributors it seems.

Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Nodelock License should be the option for you. The web system will allow you to generate one license for each of the clients you mention. Limitation is a client at a time, according to your scenario this does not seems to be a problem.

check how to generate the license certificate, after this you could return and then move the license file , leaving previous in the previous client.

How to access software products and licenses|NXP 

How to move your license to a new computer|NXP 

regards

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

Could you tell us which MCU and CodeWarrior version are you using?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

alexstefan
Contributor III

CW 11.0. We use two MCUs for this project, Kinetis K21 and K24.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response.

Which drivers are you using for your projects? it it processor expert or is it a baremetal project?

If it is a baremetal project then one alternative would be to use the new MCUXpresso IDE, which is free and has no code size limitations:

MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

alexstefan
Contributor III

We've been using processor expert from the beginning of the project and, given that the product is almost done, it would be significantly easier to not make significant architectural changes so late in the game.

Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos