Header file compile problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header file compile problem

hkeithkidd
Contributor I

Hi.  I am trying to move an application over from classic CodeWarrior to CodeWarrior for MCU.  I have done this a couple of times with no issues, but have run into a strange problem with the latest one.  When trying to compile, it flags an error in every line of one of the header files, even if it is a comment line.  The errors appear as if the compiler is treating the header file as an .asm file.  Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Keith.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hkeithkidd
Contributor I

Thank you for the offers of help, but I believe that I discovered the source of my problem.  I mistakenly listed some includes for .c header files in the vectors.asm file.  When it compiled it apparently picked the top include file listed, and tried to compile it as an .asm file.  When I deleted the includes the problem did too.  Many thanks for the assistance.

Keith Kidd

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Keith

Could you please right click on the head file and select ‘Properties’, is it a C head file?

head file.png

A simple example project to help us reproduce the problem will be greatly appreciated.   Thank you very much!

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hkeithkidd
Contributor I

Hi Xin,

Thank you for responding.  Yes, the file does show up as a C header file when you look at the properties.  Currently, I am rebuilding the project from the start in an effort to try to determine at what point I start having this problem.  It is the craziest thing I have come across.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I never saw this kind of problem.

please send us below information so that I can look it further.

1.    your CW version:

Start the IDE and click on Help | About CodeWarrior Development Studio. Send me the version and build id.

2.    send the entire sample code folder(include .project, prm,c...) in zip format to me thus i can test it on my side directly.

3.      error screenshot.

thanks!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos