HCS12 Smart linker + how to create S28 file for a specific function..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS12 Smart linker + how to create S28 file for a specific function..

Jump to solution
desroc01
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a general question about the HC12 Linker.

Is it be possible to generate the "S records" for one specific C function ?

How can I do that with CodeWarrior for HCS12 ? (via command line maybe?)

Right now, when I Build my project, it generate one big .s28 for all the functions and data together...

My goal is to use the same area of memory for 2 (or more) C functions.

Then by having multiple targets in the project I could create only the "S record" of each function.

Finally, I could use a homemade "load and execute" function to send and run these C functions.

In the worst case, it is possible to generate just the "linked binary (MCU) opcode" that I could "load and execute" ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

A SRecord file can be generated by the linker during linking phase (of Project Build) or by the burner tool using a .bbl file and executed after linker.

In all case, the Srecord file is generated using the .abs file.

The .abs file is the executable file which can be download on board using the debugger.

This file contains the code and debug information.

The process you want to implement could be done via the ROMLib.

Please have a look to the Chapter 9 ROM Libraries at \CWS12v5.1\Help\PDF\Build_Tools_Utilities.pdf

Regards

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

A SRecord file can be generated by the linker during linking phase (of Project Build) or by the burner tool using a .bbl file and executed after linker.

In all case, the Srecord file is generated using the .abs file.

The .abs file is the executable file which can be download on board using the debugger.

This file contains the code and debug information.

The process you want to implement could be done via the ROMLib.

Please have a look to the Chapter 9 ROM Libraries at \CWS12v5.1\Help\PDF\Build_Tools_Utilities.pdf

Regards

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!