Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_FAR_COPY_RC undefined

Jump to solution
deneb
Contributor II

Hello

I am trying to initialize a variable from a constant located in rom. When I make, I get the following linker error:

Link Error : L1822: Symbol _FAR_COPY_RC in file C:\Proj1\Proj1_Data\Proj1\ObjectCode\main.c.o is undefined Link Error : Link failed

It is CodeWarrior 4.7 for HCS12.

Does someone know why I am having this error?

Thanks

deneb

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
deneb
Contributor II

Hello Stanish

Thanks for your reply.

However, I just solved the problem myself. The project that  I have been working on, I took it over from one of my colleagues. Strangely, the _FAR_COPY_RC was chopped away from the datapage.c. So I copied the appropriate code from C:\Freescale\CodeWarrior for HCS12 V4.7\lib\hc12c\sr\datapage.c and it worked.

Best regards,

deneb
Message Edited by deneb on 2009-07-08 03:56 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi daneb,

_FAR_COPY_RC runtime routine is part of "datapage.c" and it is responsible for accessing data in paged memory. I'd suggest you to check if the file "datapage.c" is available (and enabled...if you use more build targets) in your project.

Stanish

0 Kudos
deneb
Contributor II

Hello Stanish

Thanks for your reply.

However, I just solved the problem myself. The project that  I have been working on, I took it over from one of my colleagues. Strangely, the _FAR_COPY_RC was chopped away from the datapage.c. So I copied the appropriate code from C:\Freescale\CodeWarrior for HCS12 V4.7\lib\hc12c\sr\datapage.c and it worked.

Best regards,

deneb
Message Edited by deneb on 2009-07-08 03:56 PM
0 Kudos