cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior Tap debug error:USB open failure

xianzhang
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a USBTAP to use with Codewarrior(10.0.2).  The host is windows 7(64bit), and the target is an TWR-MPC8309. The RX/TX LED is  flashing GREEN at a regular rate and the "RUN/PAUSE" LED is solid RED.

I want to download the project to the target. Then a problem occurred, pops      

"          'Launching ye_Hardware_Debug_C_8309TWR_Debug_Connect'  has encountered a problem.     CCSProtocolPlugin::Could not connect to the probe(or other debug link)[CCS last error:USB open failure]    ".

I have gone to ...\CW\PA\CCS\drivers\usb\ and checked the readme.txt file. The driver seems to be installed

Thanks in advance! 

01711221.png

2.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xian Zhang,

Recently we only release the new product CodeWarrior TAP to customers, which integrates both USB and Ethernet ports. I think you should use this new product CodeWarrior TAP rather than the old product USB TAP.

CodeWarrior 10.0.2 doesn't support CodeWarrior TAP, I suggest you consider the following options for MPC8309.

1. Please use CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1, which could be downloaded from CodeWarrior Dev Tools for Networked Apps|NXP .

2. Please use CodeWarrior 8.8+Patch 8.8.6, which also could be downloaded from the above link.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

xianzhang
Contributor I

Hello Yiping,

Thank you for your answer .I have tried CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1, but it occurrs another problem: " CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain ".

For this problem,I imported the JTAG chain file named "8309TWR_HRCW_jtag.txt" in the Debug configuration. However , such problem still occur. Do you have any solution?

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos