cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior + hc12x+xgate help!!

Jump to solution
Ral_Virutas
Contributor I
Hello everybody! I've created a hc12x + xgate project in codewarrior 4.5 using wizard and using PE. I've added a target CPU bean and I've tryied to compile project but there's an error because  in the xgate main there is a include <mc9s12xdp512.h> but compiler doesn't locate it. i've tryied to add all file path but it doesn't works, has anyboby the solution????

Thanks and sorry for my english¡
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
>I've created a hc12x + xgate project in codewarrior
>4.5 using wizard and using PE

That's not choice offered by the wizard actually. Not sure if the XGATE is supported by PE (of V4.5). You should still be able to use it on your own tough.

Anyway, mc9s12xdp512.h is located in lib\hc12c\include, and the compiler should find this file there.
What exact error message do you get (click into the message window, press Ctrl-C to copy the content)? I would expect the compiler find the mc9s12xdp512.h on the disk, but I would also expect to get tons of link time errors because PE does maintain its own derivative header file. PE maintained code does not use mc9s12xdp512.h, so I guess you probably have to use the same header for the XGATE code as PE is using for its maintained HCS12X code (not sure about the name).

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
>I've created a hc12x + xgate project in codewarrior
>4.5 using wizard and using PE

That's not choice offered by the wizard actually. Not sure if the XGATE is supported by PE (of V4.5). You should still be able to use it on your own tough.

Anyway, mc9s12xdp512.h is located in lib\hc12c\include, and the compiler should find this file there.
What exact error message do you get (click into the message window, press Ctrl-C to copy the content)? I would expect the compiler find the mc9s12xdp512.h on the disk, but I would also expect to get tons of link time errors because PE does maintain its own derivative header file. PE maintained code does not use mc9s12xdp512.h, so I guess you probably have to use the same header for the XGATE code as PE is using for its maintained HCS12X code (not sure about the name).

Daniel
0 Kudos
Ral_Virutas
Contributor I
Hello Daniel and thanks for your interest.

I was a little bit crazy with this scope yesterday.

I'm using Codewarrior 4.5 and this software lets us create projects with Xgate. We are used to create projects with Processor Expert  beans to make design quickly. The current PE version is 2.96 and it doesn't provides support for Xgate.

In a non Xgate project, PE adds the 'PE_low_level_init()' function in main file. In a project with Xgate coprocessor, PE creates a new main. In this moment I'm trying to join the two main files combinating code in order to support  both Xgate and beans usage. 

This project compiles and links, in this moments I'm learning a little bit about Xgate to verify it's working propperly.

Well, sorry for my english...

0 Kudos