CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: HCS12 Starter Kit using assembly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: HCS12 Starter Kit using assembly

marc_paquette
Contributor V
To help you find solutions to problems that have already been solved, we have posted this message. It contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message.

Posted: Sep 11, 2005 - 07:15 PM   

Hi: I need to upgrade my product from an HC11 to the HCS912C32.

Is there a way to write a new assembly program on the Softec HCS 12 starter kit?

My hc11 code is written in BBEdit, so I was hoping that I could copy the text files and paste them into an "Assembler Window", and start debug. 

Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 09:21 AM   

rb wrote:
Hi: I need to upgrade my product from an HC11 to the HCS912C32.

Is there a way to write a new assembly program on the Softec HCS 12 starter kit?

My hc11 code is written in BBEdit, so I was hoping that I could copy the text files and paste them into an "Assembler Window", and start debug.

You should use the CW12 v3.1 New-Project-Wizard to create an assembly only project, then use the default main.asm as base to port your HC11 code. Both 9S12C32 data sheet and CW12 v3.1 assembler user manual canbe referenced to finish this porting job.

Ron

Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 08:03 AM   

Good Luck!! I'm in the middle of doing something similar.

I did a 'new' project with the 9S12DP256 and liked working with CW so much I speced out a project with a KX08 just to use the same developement tools.

Now I have to take an old 6811 project (with a Waferscale part) over to a 9S12DG128. The BDM is making it real easy, but I'm constantly getting burnt by gotchas from the 1990 era assember used with the original 6811. But it's getting there.

Until I get a prototype PCB, I'm just using an old 9S12Badge with a DP256 part on it wired to the old 6811 design. Had to be careful of where things sit on the DP256 part as opposed to the DG128. (And I have a C32 badge here, which I'm thinking of using for another project! Neat little badge!)

One thing that burnt me was the '!' (specify decimal) in 32k of math routines that all had to go!

As to moving your source, I just open each of my old source files with WordPad and then cutandpaste them into the CW editor. And the only reason I use WordPad is because some of the files gave 'illegal format' when I tried to open them directly with CW.

Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies