cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.6/10.7 issue with USBTAP on MC56F84789

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When using CW10.6 or 10.7 with MC56F84789, the debugger option "Wait for device to power up at connect(show power cycle dialog)" doesn't work at all with USBTAP. There's no dialog popped up. Now customer's configured JTAG I/O to general I/O, he can't reprogram the chip. This is urgent. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Sutter,

If you have configured the JTAG port signals to general GPIO pins, it is difficult to reconfigure them as JTAG pins.

Generally, after Reset, the JTAG pins from GPIOD0 to GPIOD4 function as JTAG function for MC56F84xxx, after the DSC runs to the application code which reconfigure JTAG pin to GPIO pins, the JTAG pin function are changed.

Do you have reconfigured the Reset pin as GPIO pin? if it is the case, it is a bit difficult. You have to adjust power on procedure and CW downloading procedure so that CW can reset the chip before DSC run to the reconfiguring code.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The option "Wait for device to power up at connect(show power cycle dialog)" works for MultiLink tool, but doesn't work for USBTAP. This is what I asked. Configuring JTAG I/O to general I/O is a normal action from users' perspective. The option "Wait for device to power up at connect(show power cycle dialog)" is actually designed for this scenario. Perhaps you can have a try first. Please also confirm if Cyclone supports this feature, thanks. https://community.nxp.com/community/codewarrior/cw-mcu

0 Kudos

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

xiangjun.rong‌, any update on this issue? This is a serious problem which needs a fix asap.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sutter,

I wonder this is a CW or usbtap problem. I will have to contact development team for it today.

because we will have public holiday, I will go on processing your problem as soon as am back on 5.

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jennie,

Is there any update about this issue? 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sutter,

This problem was escalated to DevTech with number CWM-5.
Could you  you or your customer provide a log? ("Enable logging" in Connection Settings). we need to check this information to dig the problem.

Thanks,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the priority of CWM-5? 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the feedback from development team, this issue is a defect and will be fixed in next version of CW11.1.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Thank you for the information.

BR

Benny

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ben

You are welcome!

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The priority is "Major". Is it ok ?

Thanks.

Jennie

0 Kudos

sutter_zhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's OK as long as this problem is sovled asap. Now there are customers facing MP, and all JTAG pins are configured as IO, so it may be quite a problem. The diagnostic file is in the attachment. 

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hi Sutter

I did not want to interfere, as both of you are nxp persons, however, to help the customer: We faced a lot of problems with the 56F83xx using USBTAP. Both in programming and in debugging process. The problems were solved only after we through away the USBTAP and started working with PE multilink device. 2 years passed and nothing has been done, although the problems has been described in detailed and approved by your staff. 

So , if it is USBTAP problem, don't expect it to be solved, and advise the customer to use other device...

Sorry...

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok. This problem is reproduced and reported last week.

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos