キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

CW10.3 - project properties are "ARM Ltd Window GCC C..."

956件の閲覧回数
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

I built a new project to try and move my project code into one place. I had been working with example projects and had to change a lot of the code to get the bootloader project to build (k20). So I exported the project... the export didn't work... surprise.

Then I exported the files piece by piece into the new project. When I look at the properties of the project I am now getting a tool settings I have never seen before.

At set of properties that all begin with "ARM Ltd Window GCC C..."

My other projects never had this and I have no idea how to get rid of this; and there does not seem to be a way to go to the settings I am familiar with in the past. Is this a quirk in CW10.3 or has the licensing gone south?

I don't know if this is a 'limited' license or if the beta has expired, or what has happened. Should I go back to 10.2?

I don't want to go down yet another rabbit hole with this tool set. Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

Robert

ラベル(1)
3 返答(返信)

433件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

These are the build tool panels names for the ARM gcc/GNU build tools. They come from ARM Inc. (or Ltd) and are open source (see GNU ARM Eclipse Plug-in | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net) for another version.

So 'Ltd' (or 'Limited') does not say a limited license or something, but is part of the ARM company name.

See http://www.arm.com/:

pastedImage_1.png

The 'Windows' stays for the host. If you would use the plugin from ARM under Linux, I think it would show 'Linux'.

Hope this helps,

Erich

0 件の賞賛
返信

433件の閲覧回数
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich

Yes it helps, thank you.

I think something must have gone sideways with the toolset. I have never seen this appear before. I checked my other projects and they do not have this configuration. I am very reluctant to use this build as I don’t know if this is supported as part of the toolset and could lead me down another rabbit hole, and they are legion… in this toolset.

I went back to 10.2 and built the project from that wizard, then linked everything in.

Robert

0 件の賞賛
返信

433件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

in MCU10.3 you have the choice of two compilers for Kinetis-K family: either using the Freescale ARM/Kinetis compiler, or using the ARM gcc compiler. For the Kinetis-L series there is only the ARM gcc compiler.

And the ARM gcc compiler is the default for K series.

So if you have created a project and you have not opted for the Freescale ARM compiler in the new project wizard, then you end up with GNU gcc. And with the panels you are seeing.

Hope this helps,

Erich