Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW for MCU v11.1 fails to compile C++

Jump to solution
peter14
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm evaluating the MagniV S12ZVL as microcontroller platform for upcoming projects. I had a good portion of the application ported to the S12Z in C++ which compiled and ran without problems using CodeWarrior for MCU Version: 11.1.

But as of today I'm not able to compile any C++ code. The compiler throws an error as soon as he sees the first c++ identifier. Even a new C++ Bareboard Project won't compile with this error:

undefined identifier 'class'

Trying to compile the fresh bareboard main.cpp directly with mwccs12lisa.exe results in the same error. Specyfing the source language with -lang c++ doesn't help either. Reinstalling CW 11.1 also didn't solve the problem.

The only thing I can think of, which changed, is that I installed CW Classic v5.2 for the S12(X) for a different project. But uninstalling this version of CW again doesn't seem to make a difference.

Please advise, as this issue currently blocks the development.

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Peter,

From your description, your C++ project can pass build without problem previously but can't recently.

Are you sure the project is the same one without any modification? If yes, we need check license. C++ is only fully supported with professional license. Do you use professional license? If you use temporary evaluation license, it goes from professional edition to special edition once the license gets expired. special license doesn't support C++.

If your project was modified then produce this error. please check where you have modified the project.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Peter,

From your description, your C++ project can pass build without problem previously but can't recently.

Are you sure the project is the same one without any modification? If yes, we need check license. C++ is only fully supported with professional license. Do you use professional license? If you use temporary evaluation license, it goes from professional edition to special edition once the license gets expired. special license doesn't support C++.

If your project was modified then produce this error. please check where you have modified the project.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos