[CW HC12 4.5] GDI Target has disaperead!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CW HC12 4.5] GDI Target has disaperead!

Jump to solution
ironraph
Contributor I
Hi,

I have installed both CW HC12 4.5 and CW HC08 5.0 on my computer.
I am using a GDI Target Interface for CW HC12.

Everything worked well but, I have changed my target to Full Chip Simulation to do some tests and now, in the Set Connection menu, I can't find GDI Target Interface anymore.

Now, in the Component->Set Connection, I have for HC12 processor:
- Abatron BDI
- HCS12 Serial Monitor
- P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro
- Full Chip Simulation
- SofTech HCS12

I have tried to re-install CW HC12 and de-install CW HC08, I have tried to create a new projet but I still haven't the right menu (Set Target with the GDI Target choice).

I have the same problem with 2 computers.
I would like to know if somebody has the same problem and if you have some idea to solve it, you are welcome :smileywink:.

Thank you very much for your help!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
GDI is a generic target connection interface, it is not a connection interface on its own.
That's why its no longer listed in the "Set Connection" dialog. The good news is that gdi it still is supported (its actually used to connect to some of the listed connections).
I have to admit that I dont know how this dialog is filled in V4.5, but there is still the command line to set the target.
In the command window, just enter "set gdi", and and it will behave as if you did choose gdi in V3.1.

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
GDI is a generic target connection interface, it is not a connection interface on its own.
That's why its no longer listed in the "Set Connection" dialog. The good news is that gdi it still is supported (its actually used to connect to some of the listed connections).
I have to admit that I dont know how this dialog is filled in V4.5, but there is still the command line to set the target.
In the command window, just enter "set gdi", and and it will behave as if you did choose gdi in V3.1.

Daniel
0 Kudos
ironraph
Contributor I
Ok thanks for your help, I hope GDI will still be supported because it's usefull for home made programmers such as TBDML...
0 Kudos