次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

CW 5.0 for HCS12 - hangs when starting up

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,957件の閲覧回数
r490
Contributor II

I've installed the special edition on several different machines (all WinXP, SP 3, 1 gig RAM, 3 GHz).  On some machines there is a very long delay (on the order of a minute or more) when starting up (you get the window outline, then a while later, the splash screen that asks what you want to do).  When you click "Start using CodeWarrior", it is another 30 -40 sec before you get the screen tip display.  There's no CPU activity -- it's just waiting on something, but I have no idea what.  Any suggestions on what to look for? 

-- Thanks

ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
683件の閲覧回数
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The special edition needs a license file as well, its just being delivered automatically in the license.dat file you found. As there are other CW editions (professional,..), CW still looks out for those licenses as well and for those failed searches it might ask the servers mentioned in the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.

Try setting LM_LICENSE_FILE to empty in a cmd.exe prompt before starting CW (ide.exe) from the prompt, does this help? 

Does adding license.dat in front of the  LM_LICENSE_FILE list help?

Daniel

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)
683件の閲覧回数
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check for the licensing.

Licenses searched on non non available servers can take some time.

Check the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE.

Daniel

0 件の賞賛
返信
683件の閲覧回数
r490
Contributor II

My understanding of the special edition is that there is no license.  There is a license.dat file in the same directory in which the suite is installed.  There is no FLEX LM license, so I don't think it should be look for a license server.  I do have the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE set with a list of license servers that other programs on these machines use.  That is one difference between the machines on which it loads quickly and those on which it hangs.  On the machines that is loads quickly there is no LM_LICENSE_FILE variable.  Is it possible that the special edition looks for that variable, finding it defined, sends off a query to every server on the list?  That would easily account for the delay.  If so, how does one tell it to ignore the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable?

--- Thanks,

RAM 

0 件の賞賛
返信
684件の閲覧回数
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The special edition needs a license file as well, its just being delivered automatically in the license.dat file you found. As there are other CW editions (professional,..), CW still looks out for those licenses as well and for those failed searches it might ask the servers mentioned in the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.

Try setting LM_LICENSE_FILE to empty in a cmd.exe prompt before starting CW (ide.exe) from the prompt, does this help? 

Does adding license.dat in front of the  LM_LICENSE_FILE list help?

Daniel

0 件の賞賛
返信
683件の閲覧回数
r490
Contributor II

Thanks, Daniel.  This morning I conducted a test to verify that was the problem (temporarily deleting the envirnonment variable).  That solved the problem.  I then tried what you suggested, adding the path to the license file to the list of values for LM_LICENSE_FILE.  That resolved the issue.  It would be helpful if the documentation explained this for installations that must have the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable defined for other applications.

--- RAM

0 件の賞賛
返信