Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.x Compile time

Jump to solution
IRTrans
Contributor III

Hi,

we are using CW for MCU for some Coldfire V2 Projects. In general the environment works fine. We do, however, have a strange problem on just one PC. The problem is, that builds take very long to finish. The build itself is done after a few seconds (The console says it is finished and the binary is there) but the build in Eclipse is stuck at 99% progress for another 2 or 3 minutes. There is no visible CPU or Network activity during that time. That delay is VERY anoying because it makes debugging of an application a very time consuming task.

The problem is only visible on one of our PCs. We already reinstalled the OS on that PC, however the problem came back after a few days. It is a very fast HP Notebook (4 core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) so that it surely does not have anything to do with the PC. We observer the same with CW 10.4 and CW 10.6.

The license server is not the problem because it also happened with an eval license on the local PC.

Does anybody have any idea what happens?

Marcus

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IRTrans
Contributor III

Hi,

after a lot of reading I was able to find a fix:

After deleting all output folders (my project has got a lot of different configurations) and doing a clean rebuild the problem is gone.

Marcus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IRTrans
Contributor III

Hi,

after a lot of reading I was able to find a fix:

After deleting all output folders (my project has got a lot of different configurations) and doing a clean rebuild the problem is gone.

Marcus

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Throwing in a few ideas of things I have seen in the past (but not to that extend):

- virus scanner? Have it disabled.

- dito for firewall

- does it happen just for a specific project? Try a simple/small project.

- check the console log/output in eclipse. Where is it stuck? compiling or linking?

- Licensing/FLEXlm: make sure that it really does *not* access a network server. Check your FLEXlm license path variable (that can cause very long network delays). I think that this is the most likely reason.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
IRTrans
Contributor III

We already tried to disable Virus Scanner & Firewall.

Maybe it works with a different project - however I need OUR project.

As I already wrote the console does not show anything helpful. According to the console the build process has already finished - just Ecclipse does not seem to know that.

We had the same problem with a local license file.

Any help? - We paid several thousand EUR for that product + 500 USD yearly maintenance. - For that money I expect some more help!

Marcus

0 Kudos
matthewkendall
Contributor V

This is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you are on active maintenance and want official support, click Sales and Support and then click on the "Create Service Request" button.

0 Kudos
IRTrans
Contributor III

You are right.

I was just very frustrated yesterday after wasting many hours on a problem needing lots of recompiles to trace it down.

Marcus

0 Kudos