Aligned attribute not working in CW11.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligned attribute not working in CW11.0

gordonp
Contributor III

I have found that the "aligned" attribute doesn't appear to work properly. I am using CW 11.0 for the S12ZVC processor.

volatile uint32_t ADC0CommandList[11] __attribute__ ((aligned(4))); //max 256 bytes = 64 commands per 4-byte entries
volatile uint16_t ADC0ResultList[11]  __attribute__ ((aligned(4))); //max 128 bytes = 64 results per 2-byte entries

This results in ADC0Command List not being located on a 4 byte boundary (as shown in the map file).

ADC0CommandList                           1252      2C      44      12   .common  

In the end, I had to add some padding in order to force this variable to the correct place. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gordon,

I ever reported similar issue.

Could you please upload your demo project here?

I will test if our latest CW11.0 update1 fixed this problem. it's not released yet.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

MJW
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this with one of my ADC test-projects.

I built a test-case and filed a support ticket.

Thank you for reporting this.

Best Regards,

MJW

0 Kudos