About Processor Expert  NVOPT NVPROT initialization (MC9S08DZ60)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Processor Expert  NVOPT NVPROT initialization (MC9S08DZ60)

Jump to solution
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Is there any means to disable variable initialization (NVOPT NVPROT) with processor Expert (CW for MCU 6.2)?

In the CPU bean inspector "security state" and "protected area" are disabled, but PE always generate this:

/* NVPROT: EPS=3,FPS=0x3F */
const unsigned char NVPROT_INIT @0x0000FFBD = 0xFF;

/* NVOPT: KEYEN=0,FNORED=1,EPGMOD=1,??=1,??=1,??=1,SEC1=1,SEC0=0 */
const unsigned char NVOPT_INIT @0x0000FFBF = 0x7E;

which cause some errors messages with the bootloader.

I remove this lines manually, but it's not an academic methode.

Emmanuel

Message Edited by BugMan on 2009-07-21 01:09 PM
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello Emmanuel,

currently there is no such option or fetaure in Processor Expert to disable/enable code generation for NVOPT and NVPROT registers. For now as workaround is there the only possibility to disable code generation of whole project using "Freeze Generated Code" menu command (Processor Expert/Freeze Generated Code) and modify the CPU.c file manually.

However I have passed the request of new feature to handle the code generation of NVOPT and NVPROT registers to developers.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

could you please specify what kind of bootloader are you using? Could you please post here a project that leads you to getting the error?

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

The bootloader was inspired from the AN2295, but it used the MSCAN08 instead standard SCI.

The boatloader complain about (NVOPT, NVPROT registers) data outside memory application boundaries. And I don't want (and I can't) modified bootloader. Indeed, NVOPT and NVPROT register are set in the bootloader code.

I was looking for a solution to disable code generation for NVOPT an NVPROT registers with ProcessorExpert.

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello Emmanuel,

currently there is no such option or fetaure in Processor Expert to disable/enable code generation for NVOPT and NVPROT registers. For now as workaround is there the only possibility to disable code generation of whole project using "Freeze Generated Code" menu command (Processor Expert/Freeze Generated Code) and modify the CPU.c file manually.

However I have passed the request of new feature to handle the code generation of NVOPT and NVPROT registers to developers.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
Limestone
Contributor III

Hi!

Are there any progress on this issue? 

Best regards

M

0 Kudos
Limestone
Contributor III

Hi again!

My own solution for this problem was to define two static variables with the same name and place them in my own main program. If i have forgot to comment them out in cpu.c, the compiler will throw an error at me :smileyhappy:

// Martin

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello Martin and Emmanuel,

requested option has been already supported in Processor Expert V3.08. Publishing this version is scheduled for end of Q2.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos