cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A hardware reset might have occurred

Jump to solution
dkelly
Contributor I
HCS12NE64 with PE Micro USB Multilink in Codewarrior often (but not always) produces the message, "A hardware reset might have occurred".

In the past have had code which always produced that message but was never sure what I did that put an end to it. Never could narrow it down to a single line of code, only a general region.

Am pretty sure my CPU is *not* executing a RESET as my variables are not being cleared by Init().

Is this message something for concern? The "might" choice of words suggests the PE Micro developers gave up on trying to absolutely state a RESET has occurred.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
The message means that the BDM lost contact with the CPU. There could be several causes. HW reset, changing the bus clock through the PLL, self-clock mode (external oscillator malfunctioning), noise on the BDM signal line (no pull-up or too long cable), buggy code jumping to wrong addresses etc etc.

So this may or may not be an issue, depending on the cause of the lost connection.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
The message means that the BDM lost contact with the CPU. There could be several causes. HW reset, changing the bus clock through the PLL, self-clock mode (external oscillator malfunctioning), noise on the BDM signal line (no pull-up or too long cable), buggy code jumping to wrong addresses etc etc.

So this may or may not be an issue, depending on the cause of the lost connection.
0 Kudos