"Flash File To Target" fails with; "0 Bytes Programmed, Check Restricted Address Range"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Flash File To Target" fails with; "0 Bytes Programmed, Check Restricted Address Range"

Jump to solution
thomasm
Contributor III

I'm using the "Flash File To Target" utility of CW 10.5 for K60 and get failure "0 Bytes Programmed, Check Restricted Address Range". Code works fine in debug/RAM and debug/FLASH but I cannot write my application to flash.  Where should I look to fix this?  I tried to modify the target task by un-checking the "Restrict to Addresses in this Range" box but this didn't help.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas:

If program only works in debug mode, it could be caused by library selection:

Re: MK10DX256VLK7 doesn't run standalone, just when debugging. Verified it's running from FLASH, not...

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
blurblur
Contributor II

Hello Jorge Gonzalez,

I got the same problem. But when I tried to do the changes as request, it didnt work. Fyi, I am using the MK30DX256VLL7. Is there any other possibility that may cause this?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello norzilah abu bakar:

What do you mean with "the same problem"?

Please create a new post in the space CodeWarrior Development Tools​  and provide details about your issue.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Thomas:

Do you get a "Program Command Succeeded" kind of message in the console? It sounds like the next cases:

Re: K60 flash programming problem

Please help: flash to target results in 0 bytes programmed

First thing to check is that the file you want to flash actually has some information to be loaded to "Flash" space (e.g. that you are not selecting a file from the [RAM] build folder)

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Hello Jorge:

Thank you for your response. I ended up deleting the build configurations and re-creating them from scratch. That seemed to get the flash utility to download the image to flash. Unfortunately the program will not run from reset so I have that piece to work out at the moment. Running in debug mode works fine.

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas:

If program only works in debug mode, it could be caused by library selection:

Re: MK10DX256VLK7 doesn't run standalone, just when debugging. Verified it's running from FLASH, not...

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Thank you very much, Jorge!  That resolved the final issue.

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos