Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asm file generation during build C source project on CW10.6

Jump to solution
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using CW 10.6.

Could you tell me how to generate .asm file during build for C source project?

When hoge.c is compiled, hoge.asm should be generated, in my understanding,

then I think CW10.6 would delete hoge.asm during project build.

The .asm file genaration is better for me than disassembly because I want to compare whole .asm file.

I have got this experience on other vendor's IDE before.

Best Regards,

Ikki

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ikki,

I ever got information from DevTech for this issue.

" - the required information can be obtained by disassembling the resulting object file, or by just right-clicking a source file and choose disassembly

- there are no plans to provide an assembly listing directly from the compiler (for S12Z)

- there are several targets that are NOT generating such information - so far no requirements were raised for such feature (since the same behavior can be achieved with just few clicks)"

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

what chip do you work with?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hi,

The target device is S12ZVL32 and I use the EVB X-TWR-S12ZVL32.

But I think my question would not be depedent on device variation.

I would it may be related on build option, but unfortunately I cannot find the clue in the build option...

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ikki,

I ever got information from DevTech for this issue.

" - the required information can be obtained by disassembling the resulting object file, or by just right-clicking a source file and choose disassembly

- there are no plans to provide an assembly listing directly from the compiler (for S12Z)

- there are several targets that are NOT generating such information - so far no requirements were raised for such feature (since the same behavior can be achieved with just few clicks)"

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hi Zhang,

Thank you for your information.

The second, "by just right-clicking a source file and choose disassembly" is equivalent to my desire.

Best Regards,

Ikki Shingu

0 Kudos