cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE Multilink can't communicate with the target processor

w_lingjun
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm working on an old project, which was developed based on CodeWarrior 5.9.

I've tried to transplant it to CW11.1, but failed, the MCU reset all the time. And the function caused reset is in a library.

So I have to install a Windows XP VMware workstation on my Win7 system, and then install CW5.9.

When I tried to debug the project, I found that the PEMultilink can't communicate wih the MCU, but it can reset the MCU, I attach the screenshot as below. Actually, I'm not familiar with CW5.9...

Could you please give me any suggestion about this problem?

Best regards,

Sarah

0 Kudos
8 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

CodeWarrior 5.9 is IDE version but not CodeWarrior version. To check CodeWarrior version: Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior. Click on Installed Products.Save all info displayed into a txt file and have a look inside.

Do you use 8bit MCU+CodeWarrior v6.3 on Win7 platform? if so, you can't communicate board. Because CodeWarrior v6.3 was not designed for 74bit win7. 

P&E has Patch for CFV1/S08/RS08/MON08 3rd Party Software  on this link.

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

please note, this patch only works for v6.3. it can't work for v6.2.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

w_lingjun
Contributor III

Hi Jennie,

I've checked the CW version is 6.3, and the IDE version is 5.9.

I install a VMware Workstation on my Win7 system, and intstall WindowsXP system in VMware Workstation. So actually, the CW6.3 works on WindowsXP.  The MCU I used is MC9S08SG16.

I update the P&E folder which you supplied, and there is not the communication error any more. But when I press debug, it will be an elf loader warning, and after pressing OK, it will be a HI-HAVE error, information that failed to load the .abs file. The attachment is the screenshot, please give me any suggestion, thank you very much!

Best regards,

Sarah

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest you test the problem is on specific project or a common issue for all project.

Create a new project with wizard. test if you can download code to Flash successfully?

0 Kudos

w_lingjun
Contributor III

The problems I sent also exist in a new project I create......

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest you using P&E patch solution  as I suggested in my first reply. with this patch, you don't need install CodeWarrior6.3 on Windows XP VMware.

See if it can resolve your issue.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

w_lingjun
Contributor III

I can't install CW6.3 in my 64-bit Win7 system.

I'm a little puzzled about how to resolve the issue.

I can't transplant the old project basic on CW6.3 into CW11.1.

The PE can't communicate with the target in the CW6.3 which install in Windows XP system in a VMware Workstation in my Win7 system. 

You first replied that replace the P&E folder, I want to know, replace which CW version's P&E folder, CW6.3 or CW11.1?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am confused...

You said "You first replied that replace the P&E folder, " .  Where did I write this in this thread?

When you install P&E patch to CW6.3, P&E patch will update CW6.3 P&E driver under install folder. just follow the instruction in ReadMe.txt which is under the patch folder:

ZhangJennie_0-1628496292409.png

You said you can't install CW6.3. Why? if you have difficulty, just install CW6.3 to another computer that you can install to. then copy the install folder to your win10 computer. after this, install p&e patch with above steps.

I already verified it on my win10 computer. it works.

0 Kudos

w_lingjun
Contributor III

You mean I can install CW6.3 on my Win7 system, and use the P&E patch you sent, right?

I will try it. 

BTW, I tried to install CW6.3 on my another PC with Win10 system last week, but I can't connect internet after install it...

0 Kudos