Jump to solution
kmh48301
Contributor IV

Hello.

I'm new to use CodeWarrior IDE.

The version is 5.9.0.

I need to create Library File in this IDE

(or with this compiler in this IDE)

I couldn't find how to create library file.

I also did googling..

Similar Link

https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-Development-Tools/make-a-library-in-CodeWarrior/td-p/381845

https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-for-QorIQ/Create-Using-Libraries-with-CodeWarrior-CF5282/m-...

when I press ALT + F7, I can't see any button to change project type to "Library"..

Please give me a little hand.

Thanks

Best Regards

Phillip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This issue is probably resolved. Anyway, just in case someone else is facing this issue...

In CodeWarrior Classic (CW for MPC55xx/56xx v2.x) there is no option to generate a library project in a New project wizard.

I'd suggest creating a new application project for selected derivative and then go to project properties (Alt+F7) and change the EPPC Target settings - Project type to "Library" and adjust the output file name e.g. to "my_library_name.a":

stanish_0-1695641813788.png

With this change go back to the project and remove all unnecessary files (linker command file, startup, files etc...) and let just the source files with library functions. When you successfully build the project there is an .a file in your output directory.

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kmh48301 

what's your chip part number?

The first link in your post is for 8/16bit MCU. 

ALT+F7 is to open standard settings. you can also get it by clicking on this icon

ZhangJennie_0-1657175979889.png

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
kmh48301
Contributor IV

Hi. @ZhangJennie

My chip part number is "SPC5605BK0CLQ6"

When I created project in CodeWarrior IDE, I selected MPC5605

kmh48301_1-1657240038848.png

AND no TM, no Floating Point.

I need to create library file for customer.

Thanks

Best Regards

Phillip

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This issue is probably resolved. Anyway, just in case someone else is facing this issue...

In CodeWarrior Classic (CW for MPC55xx/56xx v2.x) there is no option to generate a library project in a New project wizard.

I'd suggest creating a new application project for selected derivative and then go to project properties (Alt+F7) and change the EPPC Target settings - Project type to "Library" and adjust the output file name e.g. to "my_library_name.a":

stanish_0-1695641813788.png

With this change go back to the project and remove all unnecessary files (linker command file, startup, files etc...) and let just the source files with library functions. When you successfully build the project there is an .a file in your output directory.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos