cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help viewing memory with a CodeWarrior TAP

Jump to solution
aaronmazurek
Contributor II

I'm using CodeWarrior and a CodeWarrior TAP to connect to my MPC8306 processor. I put myself in debug mode and try to use a memory monitor to look at memory. I'm fairly certain that the memory locations that I'm looking at are valid but I keep getting the following error message

Target request failed: CCSAProtocolPlugin:Error reading memory

[CCS last error: cannot start SAP transaction].

Can anyone tell me what this error message means?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is located here: <CW_PA>\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\83xx and is the file which is run by CW during connection phase.

Pay attention that this file is gathered in the workspace/project location after the project creation and CW will use only that file (you can see this information in Run > Debug Configurations > select your project > click Edit (from Target Settings) > Edit > in the right can be observed th path to your initialization target script.

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

6 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron,

To investigate the problem we need more info:

- what is the development tool used ?

CW for PA V8.8 or CW for PA V10.5 ?

- what is the feature you're using ?

Hardware diagnostics ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
aaronmazurek
Contributor II

Thank you for your response,

I'm using CodeWarrior for Power Architecture Version 10.3.3 Build Id: 131024.

The board I'm using is built in house and uses an MPC8306 processor, and at this point, I'm really just trying to view memory on my board. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I right click in the Memory windows and then from the dropdown menu I click "Add Memory Monitor". When I give it a know address like 0xFE000000 or 0xF8000000 I get the error shown above. Do I have to do something with the MBAR?

Thank you for your help,

Aaron

0 Kudos
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron,

There is nothing mapped to 0xFE000000 or 0xF8000000 according with the 8306SOM_init_core.tcl, that's why you're receiving that error from the SAP bus.

The NOR flash is mapped from 0xff800000 and the MBAR (Memory base address for all the SoC memory mapped registers) is moved by CW to 0xE0000000.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
aaronmazurek
Contributor II

Where is the 8306SOM_init_core.tcl? Is that located online where I can get it? Can you send me the document or the link?

0 Kudos
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is located here: <CW_PA>\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\83xx and is the file which is run by CW during connection phase.

Pay attention that this file is gathered in the workspace/project location after the project creation and CW will use only that file (you can see this information in Run > Debug Configurations > select your project > click Edit (from Target Settings) > Edit > in the right can be observed th path to your initialization target script.

Regards,

Marius

aaronmazurek
Contributor II

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Aaron

0 Kudos